At Fortive, we are committed to accelerating progress toward a sustainable future for all. We are driving toward a stronger, safer and smarter world where our products and services power clean energy, reduce water waste, keep critical infrastructure up and running, and ensure safe workplaces and healthy hospital environments.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team to build in-house research and analytical capabilities enabling us to analyze and identify strategic opportunities to accelerate our sustainability (ESG) performance across the company and our value chain. As the Sustainability Senior Analyst/BID, you will work with cross functional partners to determine business requirements, establish priorities, support key performance indicators (KPI), and further enhance our analytics strategy. This includes working with business operations, technology support, and software development teams to design and document business processes, dashboards, alerts, and reports.
We seek a seasoned Senior Analyst/BID who has demonstrated ability to utilize metrics, statistical analysis and visualization tools to dive deep into complex issues while deriving actionable insights from operational and enterprise data. A successful candidate must have outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer “why?”, and is passionate about using data to enable decision making. The Senior Analyst/BID will own the Sustainability data collection and reporting system end-to-end, including administrative management, user support and engagement, managing data campaigns, and developing reports and data visualization products. The Senior Analyst/BID will support all facets of the Sustainability program, including carbon, energy, water and waste metrics; product and service attributes and lifecycle data, as well as the Fortive Foundation and Fortive Scholarship program.
A successful candidate will have strong inter-personal skills and work easily and collaboratively across different departments; you possess the agility to synthesize and communicate complex data, see the bigger picture while thinking laterally to connect the dots. If you thrive in a dynamic and driven environment and possess a strong desire to make an impact and help accelerate toward a sustainable future for all, then this is THE opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Gather, track, and create reports on all Sustainability data (includes energy, carbon, water and waste metrics; product and service attributes and lifecycle data, as well as the Fortive Foundation and Fortive Scholarship program, and other environmental/social initiatives) to inform strategy, business decisions and opportunities for greater impact.
• Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL,DAX, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.
• Lead deep dive discussions into operational analysis and gap reporting to identify defects, opportunities, and efficiencies across global teams. Identify, develop and execute data analyses to monitor operational performance and customer trends to uncover areas of opportunity.
• Develop data visualizations to enhance understanding of performance
• Report key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines.
• Maintain data integrity, perform QA audits and diligently troubleshoot issues.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating or simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative data sets.
• Develop training for system users to empower Fortive operating companies to customize Sustainability dashboard and reports for their use
• Own and perform individual deep dive analyses, including communicating results and implications to business leaders.
• Generate monthly, quarterly and annual data reports for business reviews.
• Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
• 3-5 years of experience with data mining and developing reports using a variety of reporting/analytics software packages with an aptitude for learning new reporting software
• 3+ years of professional experience in a business analytics/intelligence role utilizing enterprise databases with large-scale, complex data sets performing data mining and deep dive analysis.
• Proven competency for analyzing data and interpreting results
• 2+ years of experience in system ETL (Extract Transform Load) tools and processes to support the exchange of data between source and reporting systems.
• A strong attention to detail, ability to manage deadlines and juggle competing priorities
• Strong statistics and analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in data visualization tools and MS Excel.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
• Experience with ESG reporting standards/framework (e.g., GRI, SASB, CDP, TCFD).
• Familiarity with sustainability performance metrics including science-based targets (SBTs) and context-based water targets.
• Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and structures - ability to understand and handle data quality issues and respond to detailed queries.
• Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel and PowerBI to support the development of quick proto-types and long-term reporting solutions.
• Experience with ETL (Extract Transform Load) tools to move source data into a central reporting repository (Microsoft Integration Services or Azure Data Factory).
• Developing company and/or product life cycle inventories for energy, GHG emissions, water, waste, and other resources.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz