While the business world is abuzz with talk of green and sustainable business practices, it is important to remember that workplace sustainability goes far beyond switching out light bulbs and turning down the thermostat.
If you want to play a pivotal role in implementing sustainability initiatives across the state and making an impact on reducing our Department’s carbon footprint, then apply for the Sustainability Program Specialist (Staff Services Manager I-Specialist) position.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to create awareness of sustainability initiatives statewide
• Provide expert consultative services to Facilities Management Division (FMD) and stakeholders to develop project plans and deliverables
• Oversee multiple sustainability projects
• Be the communication champion for the FMD division and ensure awareness and readiness of the Department of General Services (DGS) community, our stakeholders and customers for project implementation
• Participate in cross-functional steering committees in order to make recommendations for the development of sustainability procedures, policies and best practice improvements
If you want to champion sustainability projects and initiatives and impact the future of our Department and state, please consider a career with us and apply for the Sustainability Program Specialist (Staff Services Manager I-Specialist) position.
To apply, please go to: http://bit.ly/2sD2NGO
and reference Job Posting, JC- 100738, FMD.
To be considered, please submit the following:
1. Examination/employment application (STD 678)
2. Statement of Qualifications
All applications and supporting documents must be postmarked by 4/2/2018.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this position, FMD management is looking for individuals who have:
• The ability to develop creative approaches and solutions to critical sustainability challenges
• Experience partnering with all levels of an organization
• The ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong political acumen
• Vast technical knowledge of sustainability concepts
If you are ready to join an exciting organization with a unique purpose and values, then apply today! We have many great things to offer our employees - excellent benefits, career advancement, and work/life balance to just name a few!
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact the DGS Recruitment Team today!