Analyze, recommend and manage sustainability initiatives to achieve organizational (internal) and community (public-facing) goals addressing issues such as air quality and emissions reductions; water quality and conservation; energy efficiency; renewable energy; fleet selection; waste disposal and recycling; mobility and connectivity; green building practices; and greenspace preservation.
Starting Salary: $70,000-$77,000 plus $350.00 a month car allowance.
• Develops, manages and maintains City sustainability plan based on Lewisville 2025 priorities and the Resource Efficiency and Assessment Study, and facilitates organization-wide implementation through: the identification of goals, objectives, and milestones with input from employee teams; development of policies, procedures and directives for implementation; tracking and reporting on progress and achievements; updating plan design and initiatives as needed.
• Participates and helps to facilitate the implementation of sustainability initiatives defined in the Lewisville 2025 Plan, such as the development of ordinances and promotion of code adoption that supports sustainable development and building practices.
• Provides guidance to municipal departments seeking to develop sustainable practices; provides research and technical assistance to departments, and assists in evaluating costs and benefits of more sustainable choices or practices.
• Develops programs for community awareness of City initiatives; provides guidance and support to community groups seeking assistance in sustainability efforts; promotes education and awareness of sustainability within the local government and for the larger community.
• Identifies resource needs and solicits program funding as available from federal, state, local and other sources; manages and reports on grants and other funding secured in accordance with contract terms and conditions; coordinates such funding actions with City policies and procedures.
• Negotiates and recommends contracts for relevant services; assigns, coordinates, and supervises licensed professionals and contractors; reviews and authorizes payment requests.
• Plans and manages Office of Sustainability budget and expenditures.
• Represents the City in matters associated with sustainability programs at meetings with other agencies, non-governmental organizations and private organizations; serves as the City's liaison on local and regional boards, commissions, and committees; prepares and presents reports and other necessary correspondence for City representation.
• Attends and participates in sustainability program-related professional group meetings and conferences; makes presentations to civic, community, governmental and professional groups to explain and promote the sustainability program initiatives.
• Engages community members and stakeholders in establishing goals for a sustainable Lewisville.
• Coordinates volunteer opportunities for related programs; manages related special events in coordination with other City personnel and community organizations.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university with major coursework in environmental science, urban planning, business administration, public administration, or a related field
• Master's degree preferred
• Five years of increasingly responsible experience in related program fields any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
• Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
• Must possess a valid State of Texas Driver's License Class "C" and good driving record as defined by City policy
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz