The Watts Sustainability Engineer will work closely with a diverse team to stand up and deploy a formal sustainability program at Watts. The Sustainability Engineer will partner with the site and facility leaders; the broader Watts population; and the Executive team to deploy and execute strategies across Watts. The Sustainability Engineer will be a hands-on role to directly engage sites. Performs all other duties as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Develop and deploy a robust strategy at Watts Water Technologies
• Support the sites to define and execute their sustainability strategies
• Develop and implement sustainability targets across the organization
• Audit and assess sustainability maturity across the region;
• Management and promotion of various sustainability activities/ projects in the areas of energy efficiency, water conservation, waste management, corporate responsibility & employee engagement
• Communicate broadly and regularly about sustainability program success to instill a general level of expectation and engagement by all Watts employees
• Program manage all sustainability projects
• Host and execute Energy Hunts across the region
• Support the production of the yearly sustainability report
• Monitor industry best practices in sustainability analyses
• Support businesses need to respond to customer and other stakeholder audits as necessary
• All other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline
• 5-10 years of relevant Sustainability Engineering experience
• Demonstrated technical skills: BREEAM, LEED & ISO14001
• Experience with Facilities, Logistics, & Supply Chain Sustainability required
• Demonstrated Program Management skills
• Ability to heavy travel up to 50% of the time
• Ability to run projects and create updates for each of our plants in the region
• Excellent communication skills will be required as this role is required to “message” Sustainability throughout the organization: Verbally – town halls and smaller venues, written – connect and presentation materials, supporting web and internet content
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision in an effective manner
• Ability to effectively participate in and facilitate team meetings
• Skill in effective oral and/or written communication, including good technical writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proactive, result-oriented and hands-on attitude
• Working knowledge MS Office products
Does not manage people, but manages the function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in office environment or work in a manufacturing/factory environment
• May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
• May require up to 50% travel
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz