About the job
Being a Sustainability Compliance Auditor, you will support business teams and work closely with and thru others on a daily basis to be successful and deliver results. You will secure that all IKEA requirements related to sustainability are met by IKEA business partners in a Purchase and Logistics Area. This will be done by performing verification audits in accordance with all relevant working methods.
You have a passion for sustainability and are comfortable in manufacturing environments. Your passion for people and the planet allows you to make a direct influence at our suppliers by ensuring IKEA standards are met.
• Hold a Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Master’s in relevant area of study
• 3-4 years relevant work experience (environmental health & safety, corporate social responsibility or compliance verification/auditing)
• Must have fluency in Spanish and English (both written and verbal)
• Motivate and inspire suppliers/service providers and business teams to continuously maintain and improve compliance performance and create a compliance culture
• Energy, drive, and commitment for sustainability, people and the environment
• Are comfortable with traveling 60-70% (air travel domestically and internationally)
• Able to drive and hold a valid drivers license
• Are honest with high integrity
• Knowledge of health, safety, environmental and labor laws/regulations and employment standards
• Understanding of various productions processes and comfortable in manufacturing environments
• Beneficial to have knowledge of supply chain security and traceability
About the assignment
The Sustainability Compliance Auditor will be responsible for several different things. These include but are not limited to:
• Plan and perform initial sustainability compliance assessments and regular audits in relation to IWAY – the IKEA Code of Conduct.
• Update and maintain all necessary systems where reports and results are registered.
• Support the business development teams during the IWAY implementation and maintenance process at supplier and sub-suppliers.
• Train, transfer knowledge and support suppliers and business development teams on requirements, working methods and compliance agenda.
• Gather and analyse information and facts to draw objective conclusions about compliance/non-compliance.
• Use auditing methods including facility walkthrough, document review and co-worker interviews.
• Responsible for reviewing root cause analysis of repeat non-compliance and for creating understanding for supplier in order to achieve compliance.
• Support on an as-needed basis global sustainability projects related to sustainability compliance, responsible raw material sourcing and animal welfare.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz