ACORE is a national non-profit organization dedicated to providing value to the renewable energy industry through market development, policy changes, and finance. With hundreds of member companies from across the spectrum of renewable energy technologies, consumers, and investors, ACORE is uniquely positioned to promote the policies and financial structures essential to growth in the renewable energy sector. The organization’s annual conferences in Washington, New York and San Francisco set the industry standard in providing important venues for key leaders to meet, discuss recent developments, and hear the latest from senior government officials and seasoned experts. Additional information is available at: www.acore.org
The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for managing the overall sponsorship program, soliciting sponsorship contracts and agreements, and maximizing sponsorship revenue. He or she will also be responsible for building relationships with key partners and ensuring effective delivery of sponsorship benefits. The Sponsorship Manager will be responsible for the retention and recruiting of sponsors as well as the implementation, management, and administration of sponsorship processes to:
• Consistently hit event revenue targets
• Present tailored, benefit-driven solutions
• Pitch effectively across multiple decision makers
• Negotiate to deliver consistently high yields across sponsorship packages
• Deliver sponsorship benefits
The Sponsorship Manager will work closely with the Communications and the Events teams.
• Develop and implement overall sponsorship sales and promotion strategy.
• Meet with appropriate staff as needed to explore ways to maximize benefits of partnerships, and review statuses and leverage possibilities of current relationships.
• Identify and continually update prospect list.
• Work with Events and Membership staffs to ensure a coordinated approach.
• Prepare master sponsor sales materials, proposals, contracts, and promotional agreements.
• Conduct value assessment for event proposals and partnership packages.
• Arrange meetings with sponsor prospects and close sponsorship sales.
• Tailor sponsorship sales materials and promotional programs to targeted categories and companies.
• Negotiate sponsorships and review all deals, securing approval for any departures from pre-approved guidelines.
• Create sponsorship timetables well in advance of scheduled events.
• Manage sponsor expectations.
• Monitor graphic standards for logo usage, promotional restrictions and sponsor recognition program to ensure fees paid are proportionate to benefits delivered.
• Service sponsors and fulfill contracts.
• Review and approve final sponsor identified materials, including advertisements, new releases, promotional and program related materials.
• Provide sponsors a measurement of their return on investment.
• Greet and cultivate sponsors at events.
• Perform clerical functions as necessary, including writing, copying, and answering correspondence and telephone inquiries as required for sponsorship related business.
• Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, advertisement, business administration, or a related field of study.
• Two years of sponsorship, sales, advertising, or marketing experience.
• Professionalism, verbal, written, listening, and public speaking skills.
• Excellent understanding of and experience in management of sponsorship contracts.
• Must be well organized with strong time management skills and must be detailed oriented.
• Experience working with event organizers and venue operators.
• Renewable Energy and non-profit sponsorship experience very helpful.
• Project management experience is advantageous with clear evidence of delivery within structured timelines.
Please submit a cover letter, highlighting your specific qualifications for the position and a personal resume to: email@example.com
. Interviews will be promptly scheduled with candidates that best fit the requirements enumerated above.
ACORE is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.