BVM is seeking an Southwest Georgia Regional Organizer who will provide support to the BVM Senior State Coordinator by organizing around environmental justice issues and voter mobilization in SW Georgia. The Organizer will work as part of BVM’s broader objective of advocating for racial justice and building power by centering Black love, Black culture and Black joy.
Environmental Justice Component:
The Southwest GA Organizer will support BVM and coalition work to offer relief from excessively high utility bills to residents in SW Georgia communities. We’re looking for an emerging leader in the city of Albany who is passionate about lessening the utility burden on Albanians, and can advocate to implement energy efficiency programs in the city and county. These programs may include upgrading and retrofitting homes, change in local and state policies regarding utilities and introducing clean energy solutions to lessen the impact of high energy rates.
The Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
● Assisting the GA Sr. State Coordinator with identification and outreach to new partner organizations in the targeted counties.
● Assisting the Georgia Sr. State Coordinator with organizing efforts around utilities/clean energy, voter mobilization/registration (GOTV) and census outreach (GOTC).
● Assisting the Georgia Sr. State Coordinator with planning and implementing in person and virtual convenings, training sessions, voter registration, (GOTV) and census outreach (GOTC).
● Coordinating ongoing communications with the network of BVM partner organizations in SW GA. Such communications include Slack, Mobilize, e-mail discussions and/or conference calls.
● Helping to plan BVM bus tours and/or special events and providing social media content related to SW GA efforts for Sr. Coordinator and BVM communications staff
● Providing weekly updates to BVM’s Sr. State Coordinator
● Research policy issues related to utility bills at the municipal, county, state and federal levels of government.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz