encoord is looking for full-time senior power system & electricity market modelers to join its office in Denver, CO, USA.
encoord provides software tools to plan today’s energy systems and their transition to a decarbonized future. Our core technology is SAInt, a software platform to model and plan energy networks & markets, including electricity and gas. Our offices are located in Denver, CO, USA and in Essen, Germany.
About the Role
As a senior power system & electricity market modeler, you will be part of encoord’s energy modeling team. You will also work closely with the mathematical model development and software development teams. In this role, you will model electricity networks and markets by running production cost models and power flow simulations in SAInt. As new capabilities of SAInt are developed and released in the coming months and years, you will run other types of power system models, including capacity expansion and resource adequacy models. Your work will also include developing and validating power system & electricity market modeling datasets, as well as training and consulting customers.
You will have the opportunity to work with a culturally-diverse and multi-disciplinary team and be part of a growing company whose mission is to enable the energy transition by providing solutions to plan the decarbonization of energy systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and expertise:
- Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. degree in engineering, economics, mathematics, or physics
- 4+ years of professional experience in power system & electricity market modeling
- Experience implementing and running power system & electricity market models (e.g., generation and transmission capacity expansion models, production cost models, resource adequacy models, power flow models) in commercial and open-source software (e.g., Plexos, Promod, GridView, GE Maps, Uplan, EnCompass, PSSE, PSLF, PowerFactory, MATPOWER, etc.)
- Experience building and validating power system & electricity market modeling datasets using public or proprietary information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and ideally in another language
Equal Employment Opportunity
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of encoord. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category.
See the application page for more information, including compensation.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz