World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Program Officer. The Senior Program Officer (SPO) is a member of the WWF-US Forest and Climate Team. The SPO's major function is to provide strategic policy support on the topic of international forest and climate policy, with a specific focus on REDD+ and the Paris Agreement. The SPO supports the Senior Director on international policy engagement and associated technical analysis to support it; s/he also collaborates closely with WWF colleagues and external partners to track and influence climate negotiations and climate action. S/he engages other WWF network offices to plan, manage, communicate, and implement program priorities and projects for the Forest and Climate team.
• Policy and Advocacy: Advise and collaborate with WWF network colleagues and external partners to develop policy inputs and coordinate engagement with relevant stakeholders. Co-lead process to ensure alignment of WWF policy with international climate goals established by the Paris Agreement, specifically related to carbon markets and offsetting. Support government agency staff in assessment of existing and potential public policy initiatives to support increased ambition and performance against NDCs in the forest and land sector. Provide policy and advocacy support to the Climate and Energy Practice (and other relevant Practices) related to forests and climate.
• Cross-cutting Projects and Innovation: Coordinates with other WWF goal and influence teams to ensure alignment and achieve maximum impact. Collaborates with WWF colleagues to implement and scale-up innovative projects for achieving WWF goals, particularly related to NDC implementation.
• External Relations: Represents WWF at UNFCCC and other relevant meetings. Participates in stakeholder and partner group meetings.
• Fundraising: Researches and develops fundraising proposals and plans for funding from private foundations and/or government aid agencies. Prepares and finalizes scopes of work, budgets, and administrative information for contracts and to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
• Research and Analysis: Monitors and analyzes new technical information, policy development issues, and trends related to the Forest and Climate program to inform strategic policy decisions and advocacy. Prepares reports and articles to communicate research and amplify messaging to decision-makers, partners, and public audiences.
• Project Management: Contribute to the development and planning of new projects, and provides oversight for new and ongoing projects and grants. Works directly with project personnel, grantees, donors, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, communication, and regular reporting. Serves as key point of contact for one WWF national office to provide support for implementation of REDD+ actions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree required, preferably in a related field such as forestry, natural resources management, environmental science, or environmental policy
• Must have at least 4 years of work experience
• Experience with international climate policy, forest conservation, and sustainable forest management is required.
• Excellent capacity for research and analysis
• Ability to synthesize complex technical information for different audiences
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Talent in innovation, adaptability, and problem-solving
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Highly efficient and productive work style
• Ability to operate with considerable independence, competence, and discretion
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and form strong relationships with a wide range of individuals, possibly across cultures and time zones
• Experience living or working overseas highly desirable
• Ability to communicate effectively in French or Spanish desirable
• Must be able to travel internationally (20% of the time likely)
• This is a 1-year position with the possibility of extension
• We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
• Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #20013
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/m2dpzqvyhfjs3mh4
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz