Cascadia Consulting Group is a women-owned, private environmental consulting firm with 26 years of experience developing and implementing innovative solutions to today’s environmental challenges. Cascadia works with public and private-sector clients to advance sustainability through recycling and materials management, climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy efficiency, pollution prevention, transportation demand management, and water and natural resources management. The Cascadia team brings both established expertise and creative thinking to research and analysis, strategic planning, program design and implementation, outreach, social marketing and behavior change, and evaluation roles. From our offices in Seattle (WA), Oakland (CA), and Charleston (SC), we serve clients across the country and abroad.
At Cascadia we strive to create an equitable and inclusive environment at all levels of the organization. Having staff and partnerships that reflect the diverse communities we serve empowers us to shape innovative and effective solutions together with those communities most impacted by social, human, and environmental health challenges.
Cascadia seeks a Senior Marketing and Community Engagement Associate for our Seattle office to:
• Oversee multicultural and grassroots outreach, including door-to-door, events, and other community engagement methods.
• Train and mentor staff with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences on effective outreach and engagement strategies.
• Collaborate with Cascadia’s Creative Director to develop behavior-change strategies and manage campaigns that effectively engage multicultural audiences on a range of topics.
• Hire and partner with freelance media buyers, photographers, videographers, creative firms, printers, and other vendors on a project basis to produce client collateral and other deliverables.
• Develop creative copywriting, including ad copy, web and social media content, and educational materials for diverse audiences.
• Use existing knowledge to facilitate the transcreation process and adapt messaging for non-English speaking audiences.
• Work with research partners to synthesize and interpret trends in market research that prioritize underserved communities for campaign development.
• Lead proposal development by prioritizing relationships that will help secure a diverse portfolio of clients.
• Lead branding and prepare creative briefs for programs and campaigns.
• Manage projects (i.e., monitor budgets, prepare reporting, support partners, and lead client communications).
This selected candidate will work primarily on behavior change and marketing campaigns within Cascadia’s Education, Communication, and Outreach (ECO) line of business, while also supporting cross-cutting campaigns that incorporate Cascadia’s other two lines of business—Recycling and Materials Management and Climate and Natural Resource Management. Typical clients will range from local governments and utilities to recycling and waste management service providers and private‐sector companies.
• Experience as a natural leader, providing development or mentorship to colleagues and peers in a formal or volunteer capacity.
•Project management experience mentoring teams of field staff that work in partnership with diverse community members, leaders, business owners, and stakeholders.
•Experience working in the field managing outreach activities, awareness campaigns, or engagement efforts.
•Experience in organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies.
•Experience designing and executing outreach and creative strategy in sustainability topic areas such as recycling and composting, water pollution prevention, water conservation, fats/oils/grease management, and/or transportation.
•Ability to work with clients, partners, and colleagues in an innovative and culturally responsive way while exhibiting emotional intelligence.
•Experience organizing and planning events in either a professional or community-based setting (e.g., organizing community events for diverse groups, student clubs in school, or as a volunteer.).
•Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to a diversity of styles and perspectives.
•Ability to navigate client and government relationships, and skill at applying an equity lens when advocating for community needs.
•Success implementing culturally responsive social marketing and behavior change programs.
•Ability to lead a PR strategy and manage project websites.
•A four-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Advanced degree or certification in a relevant field is a plus.
•Spoken and/or written fluency in both English and another language, such as Vietnamese, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Somali, Russian, Amharic, Tigrinya, Punjabi, or Arabic.
•Excellent organizational skills, data management abilities, and attention to detail.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position based in Seattle. Salary will be based on experience and competitive with jobs in the environmental sector. Salary ranges will be provided to candidates invited to interview for the position.
The work may require flexible hours and may have designated hours including weekends and evenings. Occasional travel may be required, including meetings and other activities outside standard work hours and sometimes including overnight stays. Cascadia offers a flexible workplace with a generous benefit package, including health insurance for employees at or above 60% full-time equivalent, 401(k) with an employer match, life insurance, long-term disability, transportation subsidies, flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off, professional development budget, sabbaticals, and paid parental leave.
How to Apply
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion for, and fit with, the position. Please also provide a complete chronological resume. Send both to firstname.lastname@example.org
and indicate “Senior Marketing and Community Engagement Associate - [Your Name]” in the subject line. Your cover letter should address your ability to meet the criteria in the Required Qualifications section and highlight relevant experience, education, and why you are interested in this position. Please state where you learned about the position. Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm (Pacific) on November 8, 2019.