Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Research & Analysis conducts research and oversees systems that advance programmatic innovation and learning priorities across the organization. In addition, the Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing the consistency and quality with which Ceres manages and deploys corporate ESG and sustainability data. This position plays a key role in enabling Ceres to scale up our work to move companies, investors, policymakers and other capital market systems actors to ensure a more sustainable future for people and the planet.
This full-time role is based in the Boston office, and will report to the Vice President, Innovation & Evaluation within the Innovation and Evaluation Department.
● Conduct and/or oversee research that supports Ceres program teams as they scope expansion of work in new sectors, topics, geographies or strategies
● Oversee and strengthen the organization’s innovation systems and resources, including Ceres program development toolkit and new idea capture and vetting process.
● Undertake, or guide staff to undertake, competitive/external landscape analyses for existing projects and new opportunities.
● Partner with the Director of Planning & Evaluation to undertake research that situates Ceres’ impact in the larger external landscape.
● Oversee and evolve Ceres systems for procuring, managing and deploying corporate ESG and sustainability data, including developing additional best practices and systems for data and knowledge management
● Project manage and undertake research for a well-defined set of organizational effectiveness/improvement projects
● Oversee interns and external consultants
● Partner with VP, Innovation & Evaluation with special projects as assigned.
● Minimum of seven years of relevant research and project management experience.
● Strong analytical orientation, with an understanding of research methods and facility with data analysis.
● Demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work well in a fast-paced environment while managing varied projects with multiple stakeholders.
● Familiarity with ESG reporting frameworks and data sources preferred
● Knowledge or experience with environment, climate change or sustainability issues preferred – understanding of the role of business, the investment community, or NGOs a plus.
● Experience cultivating effective and productive supervisory relationships with direct reports across gender identity, race, ethnicity, and socio-economic backgrounds, a plus.
● Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, passion for learning
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce (desired) or other CRM systems.
● Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
● Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz