POSITION: Senior Environmental Designer/Project Manager
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
START DATE: Spring 2018
Atelier Ten is looking for a full-time Senior Environmental Designer with project manager experience to join our San Francisco office. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. You'll work on the creation of highly innovative and sustainable solutions involving a mix of technologies.
We are looking for someone to consult on and manage large projects with support from Designers and Design Staff. In addition, you’ll lead areas of technical expertise in one of the firm’s practice areas, and help to train and manage design teams. You’ll be responsible for successful project delivery, including, but not limited to: maintaining client and design community relationships, participation in meetings, supporting or leading charrettes, technical analysis, excellent written and verbal team communication, reporting, and budget and time management. You’ll also be responsible for authoring project deliverables such as reports, memos, technical studies, graphic illustrations and drawings on topics including daylighting, energy and water use, sustainable materials, and more.
We're looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer a competitive salary, exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment.
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
• 5-10 years’ professional experience in an architecture or sustainability consulting firm
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), and Rhino is highly desired
• In addition, skill with such software as Revit, “R,” Grasshopper, Radiance, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, D3, or general programing or data visualization skill would be of interest
• Applicants should have demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, have proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills are required
Preference will be given to candidates who are LEED AP with specialty.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please reference “SF Senior Environmental Designer” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.