FreeWire Technologies embarks on the next frontier of electrifying everything. Transforming second-life batteries, FreeWire creates intelligent energy delivery systems and brings clean power to applications where never possible before.
FreeWire pioneered solutions for mobile EV charging and on-site power. The Mobi Charger product line offers mobile EV chargers that require no additional infrastructure. A network of chargers can scale up in a matter of days to dynamically shift with the changing EV landscape. The Mobi Gen line offers clean and quiet on-site power to substitute or supplement the use of diesel generators for a variety of remote power needs.
Freewire is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team. This individual will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Provide direct electrical engineering contributions to all FreeWire Technologies projects/products.
- Support efforts for the design, test, and manufacture of a modular mobile energy storage platform.
- Define electrical specifications and requirements for FreeWire’s products, ensuring the specifications align with overall product and system specifications.
- Support the management and selection of vendors.
- Conduct testing on FreeWire products and components.
- Support sustaining engineering tasks and failure analysis, as needed per legacy products.
The right candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in relevant engineering discipline (Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics).
- PCB Design experience.
- An understanding of GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter).
- An understanding of isolation fault detection and fault tolerance electrical design.
- An understanding of Grid side - Split phase vs Delta vs Y
- Experience with medium and/or high voltage
- BLE experience
- NFC Near Field Communication
- Serial communication, CAN BUS RS485, MODBUS
- EV Charging Specs JCS
- Bonus points for Java, C and/or C++
- Experience with reliability testing and/or accelerated life testing (HALT)
- Experience passing electrical certifications (UL, IEC, etc.)