FreeWire Technologies embarks on the next frontier of electrifying everything. Transforming second-life batteries, FreeWire creates intelligent energy delivery systems and brings clean power to applications never possible before.
FreeWire pioneers solutions for mobile EV charging and on-site power. The Mobi Charger product line offers mobile EV chargers that require no additional infrastructure. A network of chargers can scale up in a matter of days to dynamically to shift with the changing EV landscape. The Mobi Gen line offers clean and quiet on-site power to substitute or supplement the use of diesel generators for a variety of remote power needs.
Freewire Technologies is seeking a Senior Controls Engineer to join their team. This individual will report to the VP of Engineering.
Provide controls engineering contributions to all FreeWire Technologies projects/products.
Build, program, integrate, test, and iterate the control system software.
- A Bachelor's Degree in relevant engineering discipline (Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics).
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming (Preferably Java and C/C++)
- Familiar with Test-Driven Development
- Ability to evaluate technical documentation
- Familiarity with version control (git preferably)
- Experience with real-time programming environments
- Remote Software Deployment and debugging
- Demonstrated ability problem solve under time pressure
- Quick learner capable of working in close collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with power electronics and/or battery management systems
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with EV Charging Specifications (J1772, CCS, CHAdeMO)
- Serial communications protocols (CAN bus, RS485, I2C, SPI)