New York City or agreed US location
Hours of work:
5 days per week, contracted to 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Flexible working may be agreed
You will materially contribute to the growth of an expanding technical consultancy. You will achieve this through utilizing existing contacts to win projects, provide project direction and technical expertise in the waste, resource management and circular economy fields. You will oversee delivery as a technical expert. With an extensive, existing network of partners and clients, you will, over time, create and win a significant proportion of the work delivered by the team.
Your work will include:
• Delivery of work through exemplary direction of projects to budget, to time and to client satisfaction, with maximum positive environmental impact;
• Overseeing technical excellence of project outputs, ensuring methodology is fit for purpose, rigorous and commercially appropriate to the budget available;
• Ensuring a well-motivated and engaged team through strong leadership, exceptional organisation and delegation; and
• Contributing to material turnover growth of the North America business.
Director North America.
As an experienced technical expert with a track record of successful project direction, you will have your own extensive network of partners, sub-contractors and clients within the environmental space this may be as a policy, operations or sustainable business technical expert.
You will either have occupied senior positions in advisory groups, boards and in headline speaking slots in the environmental circuit.
You will have strong leadership capabilities and experience, with excellent delegation and the ability to inspire and drive a team towards its targets.
• At least 5 years demonstrable track record delivering to budget, time and client satisfaction a program of work >$500k per annum.
• Demonstrable experience of generating hundreds of thousands of dollars of income over several years;
• Recognised expert in defined technical field in North America;
• Ability to lead client and stakeholder meetings;
• Strong leadership with exceptional organisation and delegation leading to a well-motivated and engaged team.
• Nationally or internationally recognised speaker on the environmental, sustainability circuit, experiences in giving keynote/headline talks;
• Member of influential boards, policy groups, advisory groups, or other groups supporting the material impact of our business; and
• Experience of growing a and developing a team.
Competitive depending on experience and credentials
• Private Healthcare with Aetna;
• 401K Pension with match funding up to 4%;
• Life insurance (after completion of probationary period);
• Travel to the UK to input into company strategy and development; and
• Summer Fridays from Memorial Day and Labor Day, employees are entitled to work 4.5 hours on a Friday during this period.
15 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 20 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically by the closing date of 29th September 23:59 and must include the following:
1) A formal covering letter (maximum 2 pages of A4), addressed to Gemma Dececio summarising your suitability, your credentials, and reasons for applying. Please also state the notice period you are required to work out (if relevant) and your earliest possible start date.
2) Resume emphasising relevant experience.
Hardcopy applications will not be considered.
Interviews will take place mid October in New York or via video conference depending on location of applicant. If you have any queries please submit these by email.
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward.
Please note: Only applicants legally able to work in the USA should submit an application.