We are seeking an experienced sustainability strategy and communications consultant to join our Los Angeles team.
• Client management - You will take a leading role in client relationships and progress toward being the first point of contact for projects. You will need to quickly develop a deep understanding of our key clients’ businesses, individuals, and programs.
• Business development – You will be involved in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities with current clients and externally. We are highly selective in the work we pitch for, where we seek sustainability purpose and innovative assignments.
• Project work - Working with our team (L.A. and occasionally London), you will be part of our strategy work (e.g. benchmarks, research projects, strategy development) and communications work (e.g. report-writing, message development, internal presentations, digital and social media).
• Project management – You will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the required standard. Strategic thinking and quality control will be key. You’ll also need to maintain a financial overview of the account, and ensure that project budgets are adhered to.
You will have:
• A passion for sustainability and a strong understanding of business approaches to environmental and social issues.
• At least two years’ in-house or agency experience, working in sustainability strategy and communications.
• Demonstrable business acumen with understanding of business strategies, marketing, communications, internal and external stakeholder engagement.
• Experience managing multiple client relationships, with an ability to quickly forge strong professional relationships.
• Excellent project management skills with ability to manage and collaborate with others.
• Strong writing skills with ability to adopt a variety of styles.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, TweetDeck etc.
You will be:
• Enthusiastic, proactive, and keen to take initiative
• Professional, friendly, and confident
• Articulate presenter, able to make the complex simple
• Fast learner and comfortable in unfamiliar situations
• Creative, able to spot new opportunities to add value to the client
• A logical thinker able to develop and present clear processes and strategies
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
• Good team player and motivator.
• Salary negotiable
• Health insurance
• 20 days of annual leave plus public holidays and office closure over Christmas.
Please send your resume, tailored cover letter, and a short writing sample (e.g. blog) to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday September 15, 2017. We prefer L.A. based applicants who are available to start immediately. Strictly no agencies, please apply directly.
• We are an international sustainability consultancy supporting clients on a range of strategy and communication projects.
• Our small but mighty team is a friendly, passionate trans-Atlantic community united in the belief that business can build a better world.
• We’re strategic thinkers with a deep knowledge of sustainability and business, strong analytical skills, and a love of creative communications.
• We’re proud to work with leading multi-national companies worldwide.
• Excellence. We ¬take pride in everything we do, from the big ideas to the finer details.
• Integrity. We only give advice we would take ourselves.
• Clarity. We make the complex simple.
• Fresh thinking. We have a point of view and are not afraid to challenge (politely).
• Respect. We value our people and our partners. We welcome insight, inspiration, and ideas from everyone.
• Fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.