REBA’s Vision and Mission:
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
REBA’s Theory of Change:
Large energy consumers have the buying power and collective voice to change markets, and they have a unique, critical role in driving a zero-carbon energy future. REBA offers these large energy buyers one organization to support them in planning and meeting their energy needs with clean, affordable renewable energy. Within this overarching theory of change, REBA:
· Provides transactional education and support to energy buyers
· Connects a U.S. and global network of renewable energy buyers
· Provides thought leadership
· Evolves markets through policy and advocacy
· Drives market and technology innovations
REBA’s members include over 300 companies, including over 180 large clean energy buyers, who, together, announced about 6.5GW of renewable energy deals in 2018, 100% of which included at least one REBA participant.
Our Brief History
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance was founded in 2014 by four prominent non-profit organizations—Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), World Resources Institute (WRI), and World Wildlife Fund (WWF)—in collaboration with a group of leading corporate renewable energy buyers. In July 2018, the four NGOs have decided to spin out their respective US-based REBA initiatives to form the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance of today. For a short overview, visit:
· Service: to colleagues, members, and REBA’s mission
· Respect: in our treatment of people and the planet
· Excellence: in our programs and our work
· Integrity: in how we conduct ourselves
Our Career Development Philosophy:
We believe that supporting our team members in their career goals and professional growth leads to a highly engaged organization that contributes to REBA’s success. We are committed to offering guidance, mentorship, and access to education and growth opportunities that allow team members to enhance current skills, develop new capabilities and participate in learning experiences that help them advance their career at REBA and in related fields.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Diversity of our workforce is one of our core beliefs at REBA and we strive to achieve a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities that we serve. Achieving this diversity—whether of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ability—is critical to our long-term success.
REBA Senior Associates have sound quantitative training and relevant work experience. We look for aptitude at solving challenging problems, the ability to think in numbers, and work in groups. We expect self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, the ability to drive oneself and others toward meaningful results, and a passion for making the world better.
Senior Associates are independent contributors and work closely with a team on projects under the direction of more senior staff. The Senior Associate for Digital Education and Engagement will develop and implement innovative digital platforms for effectively accelerating clean energy markets to thousands of large energy buyers. The goal will be to dramatically expand and accelerate the pace of learning and more effectively connect REBA member in engaged, online communities.
This role will report through the U.S. Energy Education and Engagement team and work closely with all other teams: Innovation, Supply Chain, International, Membership, and Communications. The Senior Associate will execute the web strategy primarily through programming and shared management of external vendors.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, analytical, and excited by the prospect of learning new skills, and will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment. This candidate should also have an eye for digital design and basic knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and technologies.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Develop and execute a strong digital strategy
• Design, test and implement digital training, skill-building and resource tools to increase awareness, expertise and adoption of renewable energy practices
• Develop a deep understanding of REBA’s unique content offerings and adapt web products to best deliver and leverage that content to engage users
• Define and implement systems and processes to assess quality, efficiency and effectiveness of digital learning products
· Test, repair, update, and improve the quality of all these sites as needed.
· Monitor, measure, and analyze website traffic and effectiveness to inform strategy decisions.
• Develop end-user education strategies and solutions, including curricula, handbooks, assessments and related materials and resources
• Provide knowledge and insights on leading edge digital learning methods, tools, approaches and technologies for continuous improvement of the ‘learner experience’
• Partner and collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts and technology resources to accelerate adoption of digitally enabled learning experiences for REBA members and partners
• Experience/interest in working with data visualization tools and libraries such as D3 or chart.js is a plus
5+ years of instructional / educational technology or closely related experience, (beneficial to have experience in renewable energy or related field). Knowledge of coding and UX.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or other related field or professional intensive coding boot camps. Computer science/engineering skills are a plus. An advanced degree such as MA/MS in Digital Learning, Instructional Technologies, or similar related discipline preferred. 3 years of project coordination experience, web developers, freelancers, and/or other vendors
The candidate will demonstrate skill in these areas:
· Experience with enabling learning technology tools in a fast-paced environment
· Generates original ideas and shares with others
· Willingness to take risks by exploring and testing new ideas
· Takes initiative to improve processes and develop innovative solutions
· Able to independently dissect and explain complex issues
· High quantitative and qualitative acumen
· Strong written and verbal communicator, with ability to develop compelling storylines and facilitate group discussions
· Highly collaborative, strong team player, mentors junior staff, solicits feedback
· Demonstrates behaviors consistent with REBA’s values
· Passion for making the world better
· Be eligible to work in the U.S.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We offer very competitive compensation, plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
• Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
• 401(k), with employer match
• Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Generous Parental Leave for both mothers and fathers to bond when new children enter a family
• Commuter and Wellness Benefits
• Casual Work Environment
• Highly Flexible PTO
• Earned sabbatical policy
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz