Cadmus seeks a Senior Analyst to join our Energy Services practice, focused on Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency. This position is an opportunity to apply engineering skills as a consultant, and to draw valuable conclusions by collecting/analyzing data on how complex systems operate under real-world conditions. This will be part of a broader approach to accelerate the adoption of energy efficiency, demand response, renewable power generation and other distributed energy resources, such as energy storage.
The Energy Services team at Cadmus assists clients in quantifying the performance of energy projects, evaluating incentive programs, documenting energy-related building characteristics, conducting project due diligence, and providing other relevant technical expertise on a variety of energy technologies and projects. Cadmus works with a wide variety of clients, from municipalities and government agencies, to electric and gas utilities, to businesses and private organizations. From research and policy development to project implementation, our work supports the advancement of energy efficiency and distributed energy in the marketplace.
This position will be based in New York, NY and will work closely with our staff throughout the country.
As an energy efficiency engineer, duties might include:
• Perform commercial and industrial site visits to verify energy efficiency measure installation, install metering equipment, and/or collect relevant data
• Analyze collected data using Excel or other analytical tools, identifying trends, optimizing weather-normalized models, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results
• Document findings in reports, memos, and presentations to clients
• Assist interdisciplinary teams providing technical input to their projects
• Work with analytic tools to inform strategic decisions by developing data analysis pipelines, managing databases, and building interactive visualizations
• Participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods
• Develop building energy models and work with project teams to analyze system options and energy performance
• Update energy models developed by others to reflect as-built conditions and calibrate models to using meter data
• Perform meter installation, data collection, and data analysis to evaluate energy storage options for clients, including best use case technology application
• Independently manage tasks and small teams of engineers
• Contribute to business development through proposals, client relationships, and other venues
• Undergraduate degree in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering, or related field
• Two to five years of experience with commercial buildings and energy efficiency
• Experience with energy simulation tools (such as Trane TRACE, eQUEST, EnergyPlus, etc.)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
• Desire to learn, grow, and work hard
• Driver’s license (vehicle ownership not required)
• Familiarity with Python, Matlab, and/or SQL
• Familiarity with energy sector or utility industry
• Good understanding of HVAC equipment energy efficiency
• Familiarity with power and energy analysis techniques, such as regression models and bin analysis, cross-validation, and parameter tuning/optimization
• Familiarity with project management tactics and tools, including schedule software and budget tracking.
• Energy efficiency in industrial settings a plus
• Familiarity with energy storage, including analysis tools, such as StorageVET
• This position is available in New York, NY.
• Regular travel during business hours to local sites, and occasional domestic overnight travel for up to one week at a time is required (approximately 25% travel annually)
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz