This role is responsible for financial accounting and reporting activities, assisting with complex accounting assignments and ensuring conformity with IFRS. Supports strong internal controls, process improvement, analysis and reporting of financial information.
- Assists with complex accounting assignments including M&A activities, implementation of new IFRS standards and consolidation issues.
- Assists with the accounting integration of new businesses including: accounting policies, new accounting systems, and month end close processes.
- Lead monthly consolidation and reporting processes
- Responsible for accuracy of general ledgers by performing monthly account analysis and reconciliations and recommendation of adjustments.
- Prepares and reviews/ posts journal entries into financial system as needed. Ensures appropriate documentation is attached for these entries.
- Reviews journals and source documents for accuracy.
- Maintains relationship with Performance Control partners.
- Supports external audit requests and manages audit issues.
- Advises management of reasons for any unusual trends, forecast/budget variances, difficulties obtaining information or other pending issues.
- Continuously assess internal systems and controls and recommends changes that would allow greater efficiency in monthly processing.
- Assist in accounting for significant items that impact financial reporting (i.e. revenue recognition, lease accounting, investment fair value accounting, etc.)
- Prepares a variety of other financial reports and analysis as required.
- Key participant in the review of customer contracts to ensure compliance with revenue recognition and other critical accounting standards.
- Prepares, updates, and maintains policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) knowledge a plus.
- 4 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong accounting and financial reporting skills.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents as well as standard procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, financial reports, and professional journals.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. -
- Ability to speak effectively with employees of company.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. -
- Interpret and understand financial statements.
- Independent worker with good decision making skills, which includes knowing when to seek assistance.
- Strong communication, analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Must possess and demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
- Possess the ability to self-motivate and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to efficiently function under pressure.
- Ability to produce detailed, accurate work within limited time frames.
- Highly collaborative work style, with demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to tactfully deal with various personalities throughout the company and deal effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must be proficient in utilizing computer programs for processing data and writing reports. Required program applications include: Microsoft Outlook (intermediate level), Microsoft Excel (intermediate level), and Microsoft Word (intermediate level).
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz