At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Sector Leads will be responsible for defining clear sector plans and recommending impactful strategies for the coffee sector toward the goal of sector transformation. As part of this, sector leads will convene cross-functional teams drawn from relevant departments in order to co-create sector plans and facilitate alignment of these plans with individual department plans. The individual will also manage a team of select strategic account managers in coffee and the Market Development Manager, to identify and leverage concrete market opportunities that accelerate farm and forest impact. The Sector Lead will lead markets strategy with global multi-stakeholder platforms in their relevant sectors. The Sector Lead will drive sector strategies on behalf of markets and will work closely with other relevant departments such as Key Markets, Market Innovations, Regions, Advocacy and Themes and beyond.
- Convene cross-functional working groups to build sector plans and recommend strategies to transform the coffee sector.
- Drive opportunities with key global accounts and multi-stakeholder platforms to advance sector plans and work closely with leads in core markets to continue to identify other market-facing opportunities.
- Build and drive the sector strategy for market transformation.
- Position Rainforest Alliance as a thought leader on sustainability in the sector and cultivate change agents within the coffee sector that can spearhead the structural changes needed to build a more sustainable sector.
- Work in close collaboration with key regions and other internal departments to bring the organizational strategy and plans to life in coffee.
- Work in close collaboration with the Key Markets team, to ensure that the coffee strategy is embedded in the accounts management and that the coffee strategy resonates with the objectives of the accounts.
- Work in close collaboration with the Market Innovation team to identify opportunities and needs for tailored programs in key global accounts.
- Work closely with Advocacy and Themes team to facilitate alignment of sector strategies.
- Work closely with designated commodity leads from Regions to drive forward sector plans.
- Facilitate quarterly cross-functional sector working group review meetings
- Oversee global account strategy for large transformative accounts in priority sectors to drive forward sector plans as well as work closely with Key Markets on other key accounts to drive forward sector plans
- Ensure the growth of demand for Rainforest Alliance sustainability offerings in coffee.
- Manage key sector stakeholders and platforms on behalf of the markets team.
- Facilitate quarterly working group meetings cross-organizationally for the sector.
- Master degree in business administration; business economics; natural resource management; or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge and awareness of sector
- Proven experience in building and working well in cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in successfully managing large strategic corporate accounts
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Strong communication skills and gravitas to be able to serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Collaborative and solid record building and working in teams
- People management experience
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: May 21, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the countries in which we are registered will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.