The Scientific Programs Manager will be responsible to meet company revenue goals by generating new business sales for both organics and recyclable plastic materials collection services, while maintaining existing accounts focused on research, labs, biotech and sciences. The Scientific Programs Manager secure food waste and commodities recycling accounts through our customized programs, which include utilizing stake bed, trailer, roll off, and compactor services. Furthermore, they have the opportunity to pursue recycling equipment rental opportunities to facilitate the implementation of these programs. Our team is focused on building relationships with our customers to provide best-in-class services to meet our customers’ Sustainability and Zero Waste goals.
SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMS MANAGER JOB DUTIES:
• Work with VP Sales to drive all sales activity in the science, biotech, and research industry to meet sales goals.
• Manage all sales activity reporting (i.e. forecast, new business, lost business, and profitability) within industry.
• Manage all accounts in the industry and serve as the Science & Research industry expert. Independently seek new business opportunities within assigned industry.
• Prepare innovative presentations and proposals for new and existing customers.
• Negotiate sales agreements and contracts.
• Monitor and track all new and existing sales activity within assigned territory in accordance with SOPs, including RCMS, Google Drive, Asset Panda, etc.
• Prep for and attend all weekly team and individual meetings with sales team leadership to review any and all questions, concerns, inquiries, and progress. Presentations on various industry-specific topics will be assigned on a regular basis.
• Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or other scientific field.
• College-level coursework.
• Sales experience.
• CRM experience.
• Experience working in the recycling or sustainability industry.
• Knowledge of source separated recycling streams.
• 3+ years of experience in the day-to-day running of an office and minimum of 2 years supporting a sales function.
• 2+ years of experience in a research lab or hospital setting.
• Detail oriented, keen organizer, with experience working in a varied and dynamic role.
• Excellent people and decision-making skills, and the ability to manage a high number of tasks at any given time.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and problem resolution ability.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher is essential.
• Prepared to adapt to a high-paced and rapidly growing environment.
• Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
• Language Skills: English and Spanish.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, or similar elements rarely.
• Normal setting for this job is: office setting.