The Sales Representative is responsible for generating revenue for the division by selling existing programs and services to current and prospective clients. The Sales Representative will generate new business by generating sales leads, promoting ECS services, preparing proposals, and closing sales. SCS is open to this position in our Emeryville, CA office or Mid West, East Coast or Southeast Region
Indoor Air Quality, BIFMA level, Floorscore, HPDs, Recycled Content, Environmental Claims Validation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare quarterly sales forecast and close new business to meet established sales goals
- Prequalify sales leads and maintain status of all new business opportunities in database
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals
- Generate sales proposals and service agreements for new clients including negotiating prices and terms of sale
- Represent SCS at industry events and tradeshows
Identify and generate new business opportunities
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to develop and execute an effective sales strategy
- Participate in sales meetings; collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information
- Use internet research and any other identified methods to maintain current knowledge of market competition, industry trends, develop industry contacts
- Generate and maintain sales pipeline by cold calling, responding to inquiries, referrals and internet leads
Client Relationship Management and Marketing
- Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of services and programs
- Effectively promote programs and services to prospective clients and existing clients
- Prepare sales presentations; effectively convey advantages of programs and services
- Recommend programs and services to current and potential clients based on analysis of client needs and technical knowledge of services
- Ensure all necessary sales collateral is up to date and that the website for the relevant service is current
- Enter and maintain client information on CRM database and server per program protocols
- Submit work orders and change orders
- Bachelor’s degree Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Environmental Science or Business or Communications with proven aptitude for Science Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing or sales role
- Must understand complex concepts in science and math such as - Life Cycle Analysis and Indoor Quality measurements
- Excellent interpersonal, client relations, and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with environmental claims and/or third party certification process
- Experience with cold calling, lead qualification, and closing strategies
- Commitment to achieving both individual and team performance goals
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills; able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills; demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft - Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with databases
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with Sugar CRM
- Previous work experience and interest in the green building industry
- Must be able to sit 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day. Must be able to lift and carry 15 pounds. Must be able to travel to client sites and walk around the site as needed. Must be able to speak and listen to employees and vendors in person and on the phone.
About SCS Global Services
SCS Global Services is a global leader in third-party environmental, sustainability and food quality certification, auditing, testing and standards development. SCS is growing and is looking for a positive, energetic and well organized candidate who is excited to join our team and will help us promote environmental sustainability.
SCS was one of the first companies to become a registered benefit corporation in the state of California, recognized for the incorporation of environmental, social and employee benefits into our mission. Part of our commitment to our employees is to ensure they are happy and healthy at work. We believe this means providing excellent health care and paid sick time benefits for our employees.
SCS’ vision is to promote sustainable decision-making and policies in every sector of the economy around the world, in order to safeguard our environment, support workers and communities, and raise the standard of living for all. We believe that we can change the world through our programs. If you would like to join an impactful organization that cares about its employees, apply here.
SCS Global Services is an EEO employer and participates in E-Verify.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz