Sales & Marketing Intern (paid)
Posted May 03
GreenBiz Group is hiring a motivated, organized multi-tasker with an interest in the intersection of technology and sustainability. Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the GreenBiz Sales & Marketing Intern will play a key role in assisting with crucial sales and marketing efforts, primarily related to the VERGE 19 conference and expo. This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in sales, marketing, project management and customer service.
The ideal internship dates for the Sales & Marketing Intern are mid-June through the end of the VERGE 19 conference and expo which runs from October 22-24 in Oakland, CA.
Sales activities including:
- Customer prospecting which includes managing targeted prospect outreach and small batch email campaigns
- Scheduling sales calls, preparing slide presentations and updating Salesforce database for inbound/outbound sales activities
- Managing the delivery of the Unlimited Passes and “Interchange Club” at VERGE 19 to high value prospects
Customer success and operations including management of VERGE 19 VIP events:
- Manage selection and invitation process for VIP lunches and dinners in coordination with sponsors
- Lead on-site check in for VIP events with GreenBiz team members and volunteers
- Assist with VERGE 19 Expo, microgrid and other sponsor related activities including coordination with internal/external partners
Marketing and customer support activities including:
- Greenbiz.com website updates including updating copy, images based on marketing deadlines
- Marketing database maintenance including removing duplicate records
- Various additional marketing tasks including identifying and loading Flickr photos, uploading partner logos to event app and assisting with customer support
Other responsibilities as necessary or as aligned with interests and skills
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree at time of internship preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong desire to understand and address customers’ needs
- Exceptional attention to detail and high standard of excellence
- A collaborative work style and the ability to take direction or work independently as the situation requires
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Experience using Salesforce, Google Suite, Marketo and Adobe a plus
- Enthusiastic commitment to GreenBiz Group’s mission
- Hours: 40 per week, 8:30am-5:30pm with some flexibility and optional work from home Fridays
- Compensation: $15/hr
- Dates: June 17 - October 30, 2019 (exact dates flexible but end date needs to end in late October after VERGE 19)
- Location: Downtown Oakland — convenient to BART and lots of great food options!
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz Group is the leading media and information services company focused exclusively on sustainability and the competitive edge it brings to businesses. Our mission is to define and accelerate the business of sustainability. We do this through our award-winning website, GreenBiz.com; our cutting-edge research, like the State of Green Business Report; our acclaimed events, including the GreenBiz, VERGE, and Circularity conferences; and through the GreenBiz Executive Network, our member group for sustainability executives in large companies.
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun. Our newly renovated office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART. Please email a cover letter and resume to the email address noted above. Please familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com before applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.