Posted May 03
About Optimus Technologies
Optimus Technologies is a clean energy technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Optimus manufactures the Vector System, an advanced fuel system technology that enables diesel engines to operate on 100% biodiesel. The Vector System is designed for medium and heavy-duty fleet applications, where emissions reductions are challenging or impossible to achieve in a cost-effective manner through other means. The Vector System integrates into existing operations to facilitate a seamless transition to low-carbon fuels.
Optimus’ Vector System is in use with leading municipal and private fleets throughout the country, enabling them to achieve near-zero carbon emissions while reducing their fuel and fleet operating costs.
Find out more at optimustec.com, on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Optimus seeks a dynamic, organized, customer focused Sales Manager to help us to reach our bold growth goals assisting fleets in reducing their carbon emissions and achieving environmental sustainability goals. This role will be one of the company’s primary ambassadors to new potential clients and to ushering our existing clients into a repeat buyer position.
The Sales Manager will be the primary organizer of strategies for long term success and growth of our client base.
This is a full-time position (approximately 35-50 hours per week) to be based in Pittsburgh, PA or the Southern Tier of NYS with some travel requirements (up to 50%). Optimus is a fast-growing technology company; all employees must be self- directed and capable of managing multiple duties within the company. This position will allow for a wide range of growth and new opportunities in a flexible and evolving work environment.
This position comes with a salary offer of $90,000 plus additional bonus and commission based incentives.
Optimus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, veterans and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are strongly encouraged to apply; we also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories.
• Become an expert on the Vector system, its benefits and applications, and the larger biodiesel market
• Develop new business relationships, manage existing accounts, and develop new sales leads
• Establish and maintain relationships with fleet managers, biodiesel producers, and OEM managers to facilitate the entirety of the sales cycle
• Develop strategies, short term, and long term plans to ensure revenue growth
• Coordinate with CEO and Marketing Associate to support sales strategies
• Take ownership over a long lead, educational sales cycle that requires the cultivation of meaningful and long lasting client relationships
• Taking point on data collection and market research to facilitate the growth and creation of new structures to support an expanding sales program within a start up
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field; MBA or other related advanced degree a plus
• Minimum 5 years experience in sales
• Superior written and verbal communication skill
• Advanced PC and sales software knowledge, with the ability to improve company’s digital footprint
• Proven track record of learning quickly, and ability to immerse in the world of alternative energy and diesel vehicles
• Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills; an ability and desire to take ownership of ones’ workload
• A strong sense of pride in the work done that shows in quality and customer satisfaction
• Comfortable and enthusiastic about joining a start up environment and assisting the business in climbing to the next level
Other Job Requirements
• A passion for alternative energy solutions
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
• Domestic travel, as required (up to 50%)
• Flexible hours of operation
• Commitment to following COVID health practices, such as the use of PPE equipment, wearing masks appropriately and consistently, and monitoring one’s health for symptoms
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following items
• A resume.
• A brief cover letter explaining what excites you about joining the Optimus team.
• Supplemental material on anything else that you’ve done that you’d like us to know about that distinguishes you as a preferred candidate.
If you’re excited about Optimus and feel you’d be a great fit, even if you don’t have every requirement listed, we encourage you to apply! If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.