We’re looking for a Regional Manager, Supply Chain Assurance for the Americas region. This is an exciting opportunity in the MSC’s Supply Chain Standards team, working with seafood businesses, governments and NGO’s around the world to ensure traceability and integrity of MSC eco-labelled products.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain program implementation in the Americas region and will provide accurate and current information about the status of compliance with the MSC Chain of Custody Standard.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Standards Director, you will:
• Be responsible for monitoring and executing the supply chain program in the Americas region
• Support MSC outreach staff and certification bodies on supply chain issues
• Monitor current best practice for integrity assurance and contribute to continuously improving the supply chain program and MSC Chain of Custody Standard.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have empathy and interest in the MSC’s mission and objectives
• Be fluent in English with the ability to speak, write and understand Spanish
• Have a degree in food science, supply chain management or equivalent in a relevant field
• Have previous experience in either food sourcing, production, quality assurance or related role.
A track record of successful engagement with food businesses, supply chain stakeholders and certification bodies is desirable. A qualification in auditing and food audit experience is considered a strong advantage.
Who are we?
The MSC’s vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our internationally-recognised certification and ecolabeling programme well-managed sustainable fisheries are recognised and rewarded in the market place, through the leadership of our partners. Critically, other fisheries are incentivised to improve their performance to meet the growing demand for certified sustainable and traceable seafood choice. Over 400 fisheries around the world, representing 14% of the annual global marine catch, are now engaged in the MSC programme and over 1200 documented improvements to the way our oceans are being fished have been recorded. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
Application Process – Please email the information required to the address provided:
• A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and include information on your salary expectations; and
• A copy of your current CV.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. The subject of your email should read: Regional Manager, Supply Chain Assurance
Applications closing date: Monday 27 May 2019 at 09:00 BST