The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an international non-profit organisation established to address the problem of unsustainable fishing and safeguard seafood supplies for the future.
The MSC has embarked on an ambitious program of investment in digital including a new web site, new CRM and new tools and services for our partners. To support this the MSC is looking to recruit its first digital/IT role in the Americas to help implement, train and support digital and IT in the Americas offices. This role will be based in Seattle but will require travel (estimated at 25%) to all MSC offices in North America and London. It will report into the Heads of Digital and IT at MSC HQ, London.
Your key duties will include:
a) Working with the central digital and IT teams in London, UK to support an overall program of digital change and project implementation acting primarily as both business/digital analyst and trainer.
b) Administration and analytics for Americas web sites and social channels (Sitefinity; HootSuite)
c) Administration and support for our CRM and intranet (Dynamics 365/MailChimp and Office 365)
d) Management of continuous development of all digital and IT platforms to support Americas business needs
e) Management of local IT suppliers for infrastructure and cloud issues.
Your key competencies will include:
• A digital first mindset but with the ability to communicate, engage and influence busy business staff.
• Training, supporting and championing digital and IT to all internal and external users of MSC digital systems
• Digital analyst skills (analytics) to support the development of Americas web and social presence; platform administration skills in the web and social space.
• Business analyst skills to support development of CRM (currently Salesforce to be transitioned to Dynamics 365 in 2018); platform administration skills in the Microsoft Office/Dynamics 365 space.
• Able to become familiar with the administration of (and data/content in) multiple MSC systems (in collaboration with specialist staff at HQ and 3rd parties)
• Proud to be an application and data generalist who is driven by business success with digital; not a technology or infrastructure specialist who is driven by expertise in a product.
Your experience will include all or some of the following:
• Acting as a digital tools trainer in some capacity
• Acting as a web master or digital analyst for web and social
• Acting as an IT administrator or end user helpdesk role
• Acting in a IT/Digital project rollout or implementer role
• Acting as a project manager, co-ordinator or consultant.
• Administration and configuration of any CMS, any CRM, any mail marketing platform, any enterprise social media management platform, any document management platform, any form of intranet or internal collaboration platform.
• Experience with at least one of the specific platforms referenced.
• Experience with working in at least one major digital transformation or IT change project,
Have limited technical experience in Office 365, CMS or CRM? As long as you can evidence experience with at least one major platform cited in the self-assessment form we are willing to cross-train the right candidate.
To apply for the post: please email the following material to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, which constitute the position selection criteria.
A copy of your current CV.
The self-assessment form (available on MSC Website)
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please write " Digital and IT Analyst (Americas Region)” in the email subject line.
Applications closing date: 7 June 2017 @ 5:00pm (PDT)