Apex is seeking Real Estate Counsel to manage real estate transactions related to the development, financing, construction, and operation of utility-scale renewable energy projects. This position reports to the Senior Real Estate Counsel.
Our Real Estate Counsels occupy a multi-faceted role and provide leadership for projects at all phases of the development life cycle. The position requires impressive cross-functional skills as you’ll have insight into the entirety of the development process.
Our ideal candidate is an action-oriented, hard-working team player who can jump in and support projects from a variety of angles. This position requires excellent communication and writing skills as well as the ability to balance priorities and shift needs on the go. A passion for renewable energy is a must.
Hours: Full Time
Department: Land Management
• Prepare real estate contracts required in conjunction with the development, construction, and operation of renewable energy projects
• Negotiate leases and other real estate agreements with landowners and landowner attorneys
• Review title commitments, title proformas, ALTA surveys and supervise title curative work required to obtain title policies in preparation for project financing.
• Work closely with title companies and lenders’ counsel to satisfy all requirements leading up to project financing
• Lead real estate efforts related to project finance including responding to real estate due diligence requests from lenders, investors and other financing partners
• Interact with landowners and landowner attorneys in a manner that projects a positive image of the company
• Coordinate with GIS, engineering and development teams throughout the development, construction and operation phases of renewable energy projects
• Provide legal support for property administration analysts, leasing analysts and title analysts
To succeed as a Real Estate Counsel at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
• Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school
• Admitted to a state bar and eligible for admission to Virginia State Bar as corporate counsel (if not already admitted as a full member)
• Minimum 3 years of experience with large-scale, leveraged real estate transactions, solar and wind energy related experience preferred
• Strong grasp of real estate contract terms and conditions, and ability to understand and interpret complex legal documents
• Familiarity with lease negotiations and experience reviewing vesting deeds, entity documents and trust agreements
• Experience with lender expectations related to real estate documents, title policies and ALTA surveys; familiarity with tax credit equity preferred
• Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams of internal and external resources
• Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, and negotiation skills
• Ability to project a positive image of the company and cultivate and maintain positive relationships
• Ability to work in Charlottesville, Virginia
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz