Project Manager, Curriculum Development, Education & Training
For the last 40 years, Southface has been a leader in the research, design, and implementation of a regenerative economy for the Southeast. We are a group of change makers with a laser-focus on generating the outcomes that lead to vibrant, healthy communities for all.
Education & Training Team Overview
A successful regenerative economy requires a well-trained and educated workforce ready to solve complex problems and implement the solutions they build. Our Education and Training team develops the curriculum, online, hands-on training and skill development opportunities for the next generation of the regenerative economy workforce.
The Curriculum Development Project Manager reports to the Education & Training Director. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to design and develop curriculum content, training materials, training modules and teaching aids for instructor-led and online trainings.
• Apply principles of instructional design and adult learning to assess training needs and design, develop and evaluate course content.
• Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or instructional methods, to better adhere to delivery options for the course.
• Participate in quality assurance reviews, utilizing feedback from end-of-course surveys and student evaluations to inform program updates.
• Partner with the E&T Team Director and Marketing & Outreach Program Manager, providing input for an Education & Training program marketing plan
The successful applicant for the position will meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Instructional Design or Training & Development, OR Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2+ years’ experience in curriculum design.
• Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs with a focus on adult learning principles and concepts
• Ability to design assessment to support defined learning objectives.
• Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools
• Comprehensive understanding of usability standards, as well as user interface design methodologies
• Exceptional project management and prioritization skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Collaborative and positive team-building demeanor
• Valid driver’s license with no major violations
Ability to carry 35 pounds, which may involve carrying project materials including program signs, presentation materials and equipment, such as a projector.
Southface offers competitive health and benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• 15 days of Paid Time Off annually (prorated in your first year)
• 10 paid holidays annually
• Excellent medical insurance benefits
• 403(b) retirement plan with company match
• Continuing education and professional development
• Flexible work schedule
• Organizational culture that highly values the contributions and character of its employees
Hours of Work
Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with flexible options. Occasional weekend or evening hours.
Salary and Application Process
• Respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Project Manager, E&T” in the subject line. Please, no telephone inquiries. If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide examples of training materials you have developed for an adult audience in a variety of formats and media.
Pre-employment background checks are conducted on final candidates.
Southface is an Equal Opportunity Employer.