Project Manager, ACE Program
Posted Jun 18
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of New York, NY apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from New York, NY.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Civil Service Title: ASSISTANT MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Business Title: Project Manager, ACE Program
Work Location: 1 Centre St., N.Y.
Division/Work Unit: Office of Energy Conservation
Number of Positions: 1
Job ID: 391363
The Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) Division of Energy Management (DEM) serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. Today, we develop the City’s annual Heat, Light, and Power Budget; manage the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; help our agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities at their buildings; do energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implement operations and maintenance (O&M) best practices. DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 80 percent by 2050 from a 2005 baseline (80 x 50). The City also has set a near-term goal to reduce GHG emissions from government buildings 35 percent by 2025 (35 x 25). In addition, due to Executive Order 26, the City has set a goal to reduce energy usage from City buildings a further 20% from 2016 levels by 2025. To meet these goals, DEM is committed to collaborating very closely with our agency partners to help them achieve major emissions reductions in their buildings. We actively are working to provide our agency partners with the energy efficiency and clean energy project funding, project delivery vehicles, technical expertise, staff resources, strategic planning support, and data analytics that they need to succeed. DEM seeks to hire an Assistant Mechanical Engineer to serve within our Operations Unit and support the
day-to-day delivery of the Accelerated Conservation and Efficiency (ACE) Program. DEM’s Operations Unit is responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of energy efficiency and clean energy projects to meet City goals. Under the ACE Program, DEM provides capital funding to City agencies to implement energy efficiency projects in their buildings. The program represents a central component of the City’s energy strategy under One City, Built to Last. To date, the ACE Program has allocated over $450M to City agencies and has active projects at more than 950 City buildings. ACE projects vary broadly in terms of scope and delivery requirements. The Assistant Mechanical Engineer (AME) will report to the Senior Project Manager and will be responsible for assisting with project management and engineering support for the ACE Program. Specifically, the Assistant Mechanical Engineer (AME) responsibilities will include the following:
• Project Management: Assist with tracking awarded projects, maintaining current scopes of work and associated project savings and costs. Maintain project-related documentation including design documents, substantial completions forms, and cost documentation. Request quarterly project updates.
• Invoicing & Project Closeout: Assist with providing updates to tracking system documenting project costs based on invoices received as well as project close out documentation.
• Site Visits: Assist with the completion of site visits and record findings, follows up with agencies to ensure that any corrective action items have been addressed.
• Technical Review: Assist with application reviews and participate in the technical evaluation of applications.
• Measurement and Verification: Assist with M&V efforts being advanced by DEM.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in mechanical engineering and one year of full- time satisfactory experience in mechanical engineering work; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and a Master's degree from an accredited college in mechanical engineering.
• Preferred Skills and Experience: The candidate should possess some or all of the following: Experience with energy efficiency retrofit projects exceeding $35,000 in existing buildings;
• Experience in the design and construction of HVAC systems; boiler and chiller reconstruction; HVAC controls; computerized building automation and energy management systems; variable air volume (VAV) distribution systems; steam and chilled water systems; heating and cooling applications;
• Familiarity with technical project management operations, including project planning, scope development, design and construction management, and project close-out;
• Knowledge of and experience with ASHRAE or AEE Procedures for Commercial Buildings Energy Audits;
• Strong understanding of energy efficiency and clean building energy technologies;
• Knowledge of energy costs and billing, energy savings calculation methodology, and emissions calculations methodology;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficient computer skills;
• Commitment to customer service and capability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.