Innogy Renewables US is hiring a Project Development Associate to join our team in Pittsburgh, PA.
Innogy Renewables US LLC is seeking motivated individuals to join a rapidly growing renewable energy business focused on wind and solar power generation in the United States. As a company, we are doing everything we can to create a better, more sustainable energy supply. Join us and help! Do you dare to try out unusual solutions, think innovatively and want to actively help build something worthwhile? Then you should put your pioneer spirit to good use at Innogy Renewables US. Here, every employee contributes to creating a more sustainable energy landscape.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Development of Innogy Renewables US, the Project Development Associate (PDA) will assist with the full development of wind and/or solar power projects and prospects sourced through acquisition and/or organic opportunities in target markets of the US. Key activities will range from land acquisition and permitting to supporting the conceptual design, planning, securing interconnection and commercial offtake opportunities in collaboration with both internal and external team resources. The PDA assures compliance with environmental, construction and other permit requirements for all of Innogy’s utility scale renewable projects and acquisition prospects, working with appropriate domestic and international standards, and evaluating risks and developing and implementing appropriate mitigation actions. The PDA focus is to assist with identification and pursuit of new growth opportunities through both greenfield and M&A processes in a highly competitive and fast-paced, high growth environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Create and support project development plans to meet Innogy’s objectives and implement the plans to manage projects within time, quality and budget parameters.
• Support the due-diligence review of prospective wind and/or solar development asset acquisitions.
• Support local state, federal and regional permitting of wind and solar projects.
• Provide strategic support to Business Development Managers and aid decision making through project permitting, development and due diligence as required.
• Create and maintain effective communication and supportive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, and especially with project landowners, to ensure that project-specific requirements are effectively negotiated and secured.
• Develop and implement strategies for securing project grid interconnection and transmission.
• Work with internal and external engineering teams to ensure a timely wind monitoring regime are in place to provide bankable wind resource studies.
• Optimize equipment choices and layouts with Procurement, Finance, and Technical Teams, identifying value-enhancing measures during design iterations.
• Create and maintain project updates and progress reports; identify risks and possible solutions for discussion with team members.
• Identify value-added and profitability influencers through development, regulatory and permitting analysis to improve project bankability.
• Ensure project-specific financial assessments capture all corresponding development, permitting and operational cost assumptions to support accurate financial modelling.
• Address and balance conflicting project priorities and timelines on a continual basis with available resources and teams.
• Research wind and solar energy markets and competition on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain a commitment to and an awareness of all health and safety (HSE) policies and requirements.
• At least 2 years of previous experience, with a strong and proven track record of successful development of US wind and solar projects in various markets, REQUIRED!
• University degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines such as engineering, environmental, MBA and urban planning.
• Ability to quickly understand the basics of a variety of subjects relating to wind and solar energy development; including resource studies, environmental studies, transmission issues, public relations, public policy, sales, and civil and electrical aspects.
• Competent in the application of standard project-management control tools and techniques including project planning, cost management, risk management, progress measurement, and control / reporting of project information.
• Display a strong drive to deliver results, persistent in overcoming obstacles and eager to take responsibility for making things happen in a complex development landscape.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in teams and apply integrative skills.
• Flexibility to work both independently and with domestic and international groups.
• Flexibility to travel to conduct in-person meetings perform field inspections, and other activities as required, supporting the US business plan.
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
Innogy Renewables US LLC, a subsidiary of innogy SE (Germany), plans, constructs, and operates plants for generating electricity and energy from renewable sources. Founded in 2016, Innogy Renewables US LLC is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, while the development office is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Apply today for the Project Development Associate job online at http://innogyusjobs.com
Innogy Renewables US LLC is an equal opportunity employer.