Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking a Project Coordinator to support our K-College Education and Workforce Development sectors. This position requires technical expertise, knowledge, and supervisory experience related to energy and climate related topics in order to analyze data, implement projects, and train program participants across a variety of energy and sustainability programs.
This is a full time position based out of your home office, meeting with our staff in Carlsbad, CA two to three days per week, as well as working remotely with our main office staff in San Rafael, CA, with occasional travel to the San Rafael office. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, includes travel and field support, and requires flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work. Target start date is August, 2017. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
SEI is a non-profit organization based in San Rafael, Marin County. SEI is committed to actions that sustain our planet. We achieve this goal by partnering with community groups that are integral to local climate and energy solutions, such as housing providers, schools, colleges and universities, and municipal governments through funding from diverse federal, state, municipal, and foundation sources. More details on our programs and services can be found at:
The Project Coordinator reports to and supports the activities of SEI’s Executive Director and other Director staff, in addition to leading programs of their own. We are looking for candidates who can work comfortably and professionally with a diverse set of colleagues, partners, clients and program participants, that include: high school teachers and students, college faculty and students, young professionals, federal, state and local government department staff, policy makers, community stakeholders, financial and technical service providers, and funders.
The Project Coordinator will be involved in all phases of projects, from design and fundraising, to planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting. This team member will manage staff and external partners contributing to their programs, providing appropriate direction, support, mentoring and supervision.
• Lead and/or assist on programs focused primarily on our efforts within our K-College Education and Workforce Development sectors. For more information on the primary programs in these sectors, visit the Energize Schools, Energize Colleges, and Climate Corps websites provided above.
• Establish and expand strategic contacts and relationships in Southern California, and our agency’s reputation as an innovator, expert and thought partner by representing the organization externally at select conferences, workshops, meetings and events.
• Interface with Educators, Students, Teachers, Administrators in the K-12 and university sector, creating innovative approaches to working with schools, universities, and community through a variety of project management and education responsibilities.
• Assist with all aspects of our education and workforce development projects and programs, including curriculum development, teacher training, instructional planning, direct instruction, staff supervision and mentorship, grant/proposal writing, evaluation, and reporting.
• Design, facilitate and support instructor, student, staff, community and professional program-related trainings and events relating to sustainability, energy efficiency, conservation, renewable energy, and climate protection, as well as perform associated logistical support.
• Supervise and mentor young professionals working on climate protection projects in schools, on campuses, local governments, non-profits, and private companies through our Climate Corps Fellowship program
• Flexible to support the breadth of SEI programs and program areas as time and funding priorities dictate.
• Research and document best practices in climate, energy, and sustainability education and workforce development.
• Masters degree in a quantitative, educational or environmental discipline. A Bachelor’s degree may be considered in cases where applicant can demonstrate relevant job or equivalent masters level internship experience with an increasing degree of scope and role.
• Demonstrated background and success designing / leading group trainings on technical topics (e.g.: energy efficiency, solar energy, energy auditing, climate change, whole building performance, etc.)
• Broad understanding of sustainability, climate change, energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy concepts and topics, evidenced by experience teaching these subjects and/or pursuit of additional coursework, seminars and professional certifications.
• Knowledge, experience and skill in the education sector, with traditional or non-traditional teaching, public speaking, group presentations. Understanding of the organizational mechanisms of school districts, high schools, and/or colleges highly desired.
• Experience with staff or volunteer supervision and mentorship
• Valid drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Evidence of strong verbal and written communication, analytical and organizational skills.
• Experience and ease working with superiors, peers, junior staff, partners, clients, and constituents.
• Prior people management, mentoring and supervision skills, including ability to convey direction in a positive, constructive and succinct manner. Aptitude for interpersonal rapport building and working collaboratively with others.
• Strong experience with and interest in data analysis and quantification (e.g. Excel-based analytics, economics, statistics, building science)
• Track record of successful project management and taking on a growing body of work timely fulfilment of associated tasks & deliverables.
• Demonstrated experience as a trainer and presenter.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills and ability to self-manage and follow through to ably meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
• Strong experience with and interest in various information technologies along with competency across the Microsoft suite of office automation software (e.g.: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Aptitude to quickly learn industry or project specific software.
• Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/ partners, or independently.
Additional Valued Skills
• Curriculum and training materials development and delivery
• Familiarity operating within school, university, governmental, and private industry structures and staff.
• Use of online social media, video editing, graphics software, website creation.
SEI offers a competitive annual salary for this position of $50,000 plus benefits.
This position requires applicants to perform the following tasks: read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze, use fine finger movements, use a computer and mouse, sit, stand, walk, drive a motorized vehicle, carry and/or lift up to 40 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, push/pull, grasp.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter describing how their interest, qualifications, and experience are a perfect match for this position, to Strategic Energy Innovations at "jobs 555 @seiinc.org"(no spaces in email).
No phone calls please. Strategic Energy Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.