Program Operations Analyst (Building Technology and Urban Systems) - 82885
Organization: BU-Bldg Technology Urban Systems
Berkeley Lab is Bringing Science Solutions to the World, and YOU can be a part of it!
In the world of science, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) is synonymous with "excellence." That's why we hire the best - whether in research, science or operations. This is a great opportunity to bring your top-notch skills to bear in support of world-class scientific research that addresses national and global challenges!
Berkeley Lab’s Building Technology and Urban Systems (BTUS) Division has an opening for a Program Operations Analyst. You will support market stakeholder engagement and project management in the Whole Building Systems (WBS) Department of the BTUS. The WBS department does applied R&D on energy efficiency in commercial and residential buildings, including energy data tools, integrated systems, technical assistance and deployment activities. The PA will work on Department of Energy (DOE) projects to develop, demonstrate and disseminate best practices for energy efficient buildings, including financing, design and construction and operations.
What You Will Do:
• Develop guides for energy efficient commercial building practices, working with subject matter experts.
• Develop case studies of energy efficient commercial building practices.
• Write articles for industry trade journals and related publications.
• Prepare presentations for webinars to industry stakeholders.
• Coordinate industry stakeholder meetings – both web and in-person meeting.
• Create web content and work with web developers to create and update project websites.
• Manage energy data collection from pilot project participants, check that data conforms to agreement and requirements, and ensure data confidentiality protections are followed.
• Manage researcher access to energy data for research purposes.
• Independently manage day-to-day project tasks.
• Participate in collaborative efforts as a member of a diverse research team.
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
• May provide guidance to other members of a team or project.
What Is Required:
• BA/BS degree in architecture/engineering/environmental science/real estate or related field and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
• Familiarity with energy efficiency in commercial buildings.
• Ability to synthesize expert technical and/or business process information and write guides for non-experts.
• Demonstrated organizational skills to independently initiate and prioritize responsibilities and manage multiple/competing projects within an environment of changing priorities.
• Demonstrated experience with scheduling, budgeting, tracking and coordinating cross-function activities.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain harmonious and productive cross-functional and collaborative relationships with co-workers and external stakeholders.
• Advanced skills in MS Office, Excel, document management
• Ability to anticipate and plan for contingencies.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience with commercial building energy efficiency programs preferred.
• Masters degree in architecture/engineering/environmental science/real estate.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on September 30, 2016.
• This is a 1 year, term appointment with the possibility of renewal and with the possibility of conversion to career.
• Salary is commensurate with experience
• This position requires completion of a background check.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=78861
and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/...ostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/...ance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz