Program Manager, Communications
For the last 40 years, Southface has been a leader in the research, design, and implementation of a regenerative economy for the Southeast. We are a group of change makers with a focus on generating the outcomes that lead to vibrant, healthy communities for all.
The Communications Program Manager provides external and internal communications support for the organization, collaborating with a creative team and key Southface staff to maintain and enhance the brand identity of Southface and its signature programs. The Communications Program Manager also works closely with the Development Team, assisting in the development, integration and implementation of communication strategies and tools to drive and enhance sponsor and member relations. This role reports to the Chief Officer, Finance + Operations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage the corporate and media communications strategy.
• Provide support for ongoing media, sponsor, client and member relations, including media reporting and maintenance of media contact lists.
• Manage and assist in the writing and editing and distribution of press releases, bylined articles, white papers, promotional materials, proposals and reports.
• Manage and assist in content development and production for web Journal, email newsletter, social media and other electronic communications or appeals.
• Assist with content strategy, development and maintenance for Southface websites.
• Manage production traffic between all Southface programs and teams.
• Assist Southface Development and Events Team, including deadlines and content for promotional materials.
• Implement 2 to 3 annual individual and corporate membership campaigns.
• Direct and manage Communications Team members and staff, completing program deliverables within team and organizational deadlines.
The successful applicant for the position will meet the following requirements:
• 5+ years’ project and/or administrative experience in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, New Media or Advertising.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team with competing priorities.
• Agency experience is a plus, but not required.
• Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, as well as art direction.
• Superior project management as well as time management skills.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
• Problem solving ability with an attention to detail.
• Computer literacy in MS Office and desktop publishing applications.
• Experience with a membership organization a plus.
• Understanding of the sustainability movement, building science and/or community development a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in responding to staff, the media and the general public in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
• Ability to listen to and interact with a diverse group of people.
• Experience in data management and reporting.
• Collaborative and positive team-building demeanor.
Normal office setting.
Southface offers competitive health and benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• 15 days of Paid Time Off annually (prorated in your first year)
• 10 paid holidays annually
• Excellent medical insurance benefits
• 403(b) retirement plan with company match
• Continuing education and professional development
• Flexible work schedule
• Organizational culture that highly values the contributions and character of its employees
Hours of Work
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM—5:30PM, with flexible options. Occasional weekend or evening hours.
Respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Communications Manager” in the subject line. Submit three writing samples with your resume, including public facing and business communications. Please, no telephone inquiries.
Pre-employment background checks are conducted on all final candidates.
Southface is an Equal Opportunity Employer.