The Climate Registry (TCR) builds and operates GHG reporting programs for governments and businesses that generate high quality, consistent, and credible data to help organizations become more efficient, sustainable and competitive. Members that report their emissions to TCR include corporations, non-profit organizations, municipalities, state agencies, and other entities. More information about TCR is available at: www.theclimateregistry.org.
TCR offers a hands-on, fast-paced work environment, and tremendous potential for growth and advancement. This position provides the opportunity to join a team playing a leading role in developing climate change policy in North America and worldwide. The Program Coordinator, Technical Services will be based in TCR’s main office in Los Angeles; some local travel may be required.
The Program Coordinator’s primary role is to support and manage TCR’s membership base, and to provide member perspective in TCR program planning and communications. The primary responsibilities are outlined below; this list should be viewed as a starting point, as the position will evolve and grow according to the successful candidate’s interests and aptitude, and TCR’s workflow.
Program Support (60%)
• Operate the TCR help desk by assisting members in locating appropriate resources, navigating requirements, and directing technical questions to appropriate staff as needed.
• Assist in developing resources and calculation tools to support reporting, verification, and emission reduction activities for members.
• Track and improve program operations for delivering member services.
• Schedule and coordinate member events, email communications, trainings, workshops, and conference calls.
• Respond to general inquiries about TCR’s reporting and verification program.
• Complete annual reporting statistics and emissions data analysis for marketing purposes.
• Undertake and complete research assignments, as requested.
• Lead invoicing processes for TCR’s members.
• Onboard new TCR members and process membership cancellations.
• Maintain member organization records and contact details.
• Maintain accurate records on the GHG reporting and verification cycle for TCR reporters.
• Maintain documentation of the CRIS reporting platform.
• Assist program staff with other administrative tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience or interest in working with GHG/climate change, corporate environmental management, and/or air quality issues.
• Demonstrated exceptional research and writing skills and strong oral communication skills.
• Ability to digest technical documents, perform calculations, data analysis, and present results in a simple and understandable fashion.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and databases.
• U.S. citizenship or legal right to work in the U.S.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal communication and writing skills
• Team player and quick learner who focuses on high productivity and results
• Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic personality
• Self-starter with a proactive attitude who can anticipate needs
• Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage time well
TCR offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. TCR also offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental insurance and retirement saving options.
The position is available immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; interviews will be held in Los Angeles. All eligible applications will be considered, however no travel or relocation assistance is available. Due to the volume of responses received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us, we wish you the best of luck in your employment search.
Interested candidates should e-mail the following documents to email@example.com
with the subject line “Search: Program Coordinator, Technical Services”:
• Cover letter
The Climate Registry is an equal opportunity employer.