Legrand North and Central America has an exciting opportunity for a Product Sustainability Coordinator in West Hartford, CT. This role will support the ability of Legrand to meet market expectations for sustainability and material transparency in the built environment by developing and coordinating the development of material declaration documentation, utilizing material declarations to inform product eco-design, material substitution, regulatory compliance, and supply chain sustainability efforts, and monitoring and reporting out on trends related to materials transparency in the built environment. This individual will also be expected to work with the VP of Energy Efficiency, Sustainability and Public Policy and the Product Sustainability Manager to manage data entry and communications relative to Legrand’s Google Portico account and to assist with responses to customers related to product and material transparency.
- Develop and coordinate the development of material declaration documentation in the form of Health Product Declarations (HPDs), Declare Labels, and/or Cradle to Cradle Certifications across Legrand, North America
- Utilize GreenScreen to assess the potential health hazards associated with substances and to assess and recommend alternatives based on the intended use and necessary performance of substances
- Utilize material declarations and health hazard information to inform:
*Internal product eco-design efforts in conjunction with Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and other relevant stakeholders
*Product regulatory compliance in support of the Legrand, North America Product Compliance Committee (PCC) and Leader
*Supply chain sustainability efforts related to supplier data management software
- Enter product information and material ingredient and health data from Health Product Declarations (HPDs) into Google Portico and report out on the status of related products in the database and each product’s respective Portico score
- Monitor and report out on trends related to healthy materials in the built environment
- Assist with responses to customers related to material declarations
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
- Light travel required.
Completed BS or MS in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related
Minor or classes in sustainability preferred
2-5 years of experience that demonstrates knowledge of and/or practical experience in product design, material analysis, life-cycle analysis and material analysis; knowledge of major environmental international/national regulations impacting product material profile; knowledge of building and industry initiatives to promote product material transparency and the elimination of hazardous materials from products.
- Possess deep passion for sustainability and environmental stewardship and a desire to impact the development of next generation products through the application of sustainability principles and practices, including but not limited to life cycle analysis, circular economy, cradle to cradle, and eco-design.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Close attention to detail and sharp investigative skills. Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities as well as to evaluate situations, identify options, and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and interact with individuals at all levels and within various businesses within the organization.
- Strong written, visual and oral communications skills with an ability to present complex/technical subjects in a straightforward, accessible way that will be equally informative to technical and non-technical internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent research and analytical abilities to drive internal awareness of external trends and requirements in and implications for the company, its Divisions and affected product families.
- Monitor and assess the relevance/utility of external tools, databases, organizations or other resources that can improve the ability of the company to respond effectively to the expectations surrounding product material health.
- Self-starter that has a track record of taking initiative; ability to work independently as well as highly collaborative and able to work effectively within a team.
- Strong computer skills, highly proficient with Microsoft Office functions including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word as well as other software analytical tools and e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz