LumiGrow, Inc. is the leader in cloud-hosted software-enabled LED agricultural lighting solutions. Our systems empower growers, both small and large, to reduce energy costs, achieve operational efficiencies via low installation costs, and improve critical crop yield. LumiGrow offers a suite of robust hardware and software solutions for use in greenhouses, controlled environmental agriculture, and research chambers.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, LumiGrow is privately owned and operated.
Lumigrow is looking for a product manager who can bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class suite of hardware and SaaS products. The product manager at Lumigrow is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic and tactical product plans for Lumigrow’s products, interfacing with all internal teams and external customers and partners. This position will have direct responsibility for our product roadmaps, product positioning, pricing strategy, go to market plans and engineering priorities, along with identification of new market opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
• Define Lumigrow’s product strategy/roadmap through interaction with cross-functional teams and a thorough understanding of customer needs – to iteratively deliver innovative world class global products and systems to the marketplace, on time and on budget
• Lead product management activities surrounding: definition of target customers, respective needs and customer value-add considerations, market trends, competitive landscape and product value proposition
• Develop go-to-product plans and priorities for new products and new technologies, spanning multiple vertical markets within multiple commercial agriculture sectors
• Work with Engineering to establish priorities within budget, determines highest market impact which aligns with overall business strategy
• Maintain day-to-day contact with the hardware and software development groups to refine and revise Product Specifications and implementation details based on Lumigrows product development process.
• Monitor and communicate progress for Product development timelines using appropriate tools
• Manage the product development process, ensuring ongoing tempo across the organization and high-level stakeholders. Own the MRD/PRD process and project management of existing product initiatives
• Define product features, turning them into achievable requirements and detailed stories
• Identify opportunities for new initiatives, and develop business plans, product plans, and success metrics to make the case for new product investment
• Generate MVP plans, product canvases, designing and running experiments to gather and validate learning
• Conduct user and market research, and directly/indirectly interact with customers to deeply understand requirements and needs
• Define and interpret metrics to understand success and adoption of new products/services
• Analyze market developments, industry trends, and benchmark competitor products/services to identify competitor’s strengths and weaknesses
• A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a fast-paced start-up environment as a product manager, comfortable with wearing multiple hats at once, and a keen understanding of urgency and timing
• University degree required; preferred in Marketing, Agriculture, Engineering or related field
• Capable of communicating the business value of technical requests and tasks to technical peers and technical complexities and limitations to business peers
• Ability to look at a complex industry and break it into clear definable steps that naturally drive focused plans
• Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features in a complex technical context
• Strong aesthetic design sense, very detail oriented
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative designs from blank sheet to finished product
• Exceptional communication and data analysis skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
• Experience with data-driven product decision making
• Above average Excel skills required
• You love shipping product, and you love to be hands on
• Able to meet deadlines on time under minimal supervision
• Prior experience in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment
• If you love sustainably-grown organic food and have a little farmer in you, it is a plus
• Language: Fluent in English
• Authorized to work in the US
• Must reside in the Bay Area
Interpersonal Skills Requirements
• Team player, passionate about growing companies
• Integrity, excellent judgment, resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
• Hard worker, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Confident working under pressure and tight deadlines
• Strong project management, organizational skills, and keen attention to detail
• Able to generate new ideas and follow through to completion
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentations skills
• Excellent people skills, an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
• Self-driven, self-motivated, and able to make responsible decisions
• Superior professionalism, judgment, and strong work ethic
• Great team player capable in adapting to a multi-cultural environment
The Berkner Group has been retained to execute this search. If you were contacted by The Berkner Group, please reply to the person who contacted you. If you are applying to a job posting, please email your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include your name and the title for this position (“[Your name] — LumiGrow Product Manager”) in the subject line of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
This Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. LumiGrow does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, sex or gender (which includes gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, LumiGrow prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws. For information about the types of conduct that constitute unlawful harassment and the Company’s internal procedures for addressing complaints of harassment, please refer to the Company’s Policy against Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation in this Handbook.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, LumiGrow will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.