Program Officer, Climate Risk Management & Resilience - 20052
Type: Regular - Full Time
# of Openings: 1
WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Officer for its Washington, D.C. based Climate program. Under the supervision of Director for Climate Risk Management & Resilience, the Program Officer will support the Climate Change Adaptation team through planning, coordination, communication, and implementation of program activities for existing and new partnerships and projects in collaboration with other goals teams, departments and field offices.
• Works with project personnel, grantees, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, communication, and regular reporting for adaptation and resilience team projects, including but not limited to: ecosystem-based adaptation in Central America; improving country commitments to the Paris Agreement through nature-based approaches to adaptation; and improving planning for sustainable, climate resilient infrastructure.
• Facilitates the development short- and long-term workplans, reports and communications materials for adaptation team projects.
• Conducts research, monitors and analyzes new technical information, policies, tools, and global trends related to climate change adaptation and resilience; landscape-scale spatial planning for biodiversity, ecosystem services, and climate resilient sustainable development; documents learning from projects to inform future adaptation and resilience work.
• Assists with fundraising proposals from private foundations and/or government aid agencies to support related adaptation and resilience projects. Provides support to the GEF and GCF teams to incorporate climate risk into project concepts. Prepares and/or finalizes scopes of work, budgets, and administrative information for contracts and to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
• Travels to project field locations, providing relevant technical research and workshop planning and logistical support. Assists field offices in integrating climate risks into conservation and sustainable developments strategies for WWF priority places.
• Regularly presents updates on these various initiatives internally to WWF staff and externally at workshops and conferences, where appropriate.
• Interacts regularly with representatives of WWF-International, other WWF offices and associate organizations, grantees, and consultants. Communicates with representatives of conservation organizations, universities, NGOs, corporations, and/or government agencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have either 4 - 6 years of relevant work experience plus a bachelor's degree or 2 years relevant work experience plus an advanced degree in natural resource management, conservation, or in landscape or regional planning . Candidate's prior work experience must be in fields relevant to biodiversity conservation, ecosystem services assessment, or landscape and/or regional planning.
• A strong understanding of international conservation, climate, and sustainable development issues, especially climate risk management and climate resilience; experience in systems thinking and spatial planning is desired
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Strong communications skills, both written and public speaking
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals, possibly across cultures and time zones
• Prior study or work experience in developing countries, along with cross-cultural competence is highly desired
• Foreign language skills preferred: in particular in Spanish, French or Portuguese
Please Note: We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
• Please visit our Careers Page (https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/search
), job# 20052, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/rczgmygqrp3xzt46
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz