World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Plastic and Waste Senior Program Officer at our Washington, DC office.
The Sr. Program Officer serves as part of Private Sector Engagement's (PSE) Sustainability Research and Development (SR&D) team. Responsible for activities related to developing and managing projects that support WWF's work with companies, especially on topics related to material science and plastic. Manages the development of research, materials, projects, consultants and communications related that support WWF's goals with the private sector, and supports relationship management of corporate plastic platforms. Acts as a key technical resource for WWF's No Plastic in Nature initiative.
• Represents WWF's technical positions in key forums, including with corporate collaborators, universities and academic institutions, and NGOs representatives. Manages related projects and relationships, and positions WWF as a trusted partner and expert on packaging and material science sustainability issues.
• Advances WWF's mission by engaging in multi-stakeholder initiatives, in order to influence decision makers and outcomes, and positively advance the dialogue surrounding the issues under discussion in order to address problems at a scale that is meaningful to achieving WWF's goals.
• Collaborates with WWF offices globally in order to advance WWF's goals as related to packaging, material science, biomaterials, responsible materials management, and related subjects; by providing technical expertise and support, building relationships with network colleagues, and connecting complimentary efforts in order to address global issues across geographies.
• Manages the development of materials, analyses, reports, presentations, etc. for WWF private sector engagements.
• Serves as PSE R&D team technical expert on WWF private sector engagements. Works with PSE relationship manager to ensure compliance with deadlines and serves as key content lead for No Plastic in Nature topics.
• Manages interns, program associates or other staff as needed.
• Represents WWF at relevant events and meetings related to sustainable business partnerships. Participates in stakeholder and partner group meetings and helps build consensus among diverse groups.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor's degree and 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience on packaging sustainability, material science, solid waste flows, environmental science, or similar is required. Or, a graduate degree in a relevant field with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge of current best practices to evaluate environmental impacts of packaging and materials preferred. Familiarity with solid waste management challenges is a plus.
• Familiarity with Lifecycle Assessment and/or other decision-making tools for packaging sustainability is a plus, as is experience working with environmental trade-offs and uncertainty in decision making.
• Excellent research, analytical, communications and project management skills required.
• Proven ability to operate with independence and collaboratively, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments.
• Intellectual curiosity and well-developed systems thinking, interpretive, and critical thinking skills.
• Proactive problem-solving and ability to build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, are obligatory. Ability to present technical topics to non-experts strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, advanced Excel skills preferred. Experience with database and/or other business information technology and Tableau or other data visualization software is a plus.
• Fluency in English is required; international experience and additional language skills are a plus.
• Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page(https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs
), Requisition #20062
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ym4mmbg99zrrgmgz
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz