Are you a highly motivated individual who relishes challenge and is invested in a future of long-term agricultural sustainability that provides the food and nutrition our human population needs while conserving biodiversity and ecosystems? Do you seek an exceptional opportunity to further develop your skills in partnership and funding development in a highly regarded global NGO, led by a dynamic Executive Director?
This is an amazing opportunity to participate in a global network of organisations committed to shaping the agriculture the world needs and to make food production one of the most important sectors contributing to The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN) is an international network of NGOs focused on building a world where agriculture delivers biodiversity conservation and sustainable livelihoods and contributes solutions to the climate crisis. The organisation develops programs, systems and tools for their members to more effectively work with farmers, companies and donors to accelerate and deepen the positive impact they make as partners on a journey of positive change.
Working closely with SAN’s Costa Rica-based the Executive Director, José Joaquin Campos Arce, the Partnership Development Manager will play a key role as the initiator for SAN’s funding plan to support the new organisational strategy for 2019 – 2024.
This role requires an astute, experienced development professional who thrives in a fast-paced, international setting where sustainability is at the forefront of the mission.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally with a track record of providing successful high-level funding and partnership development support to senior management in an NGO setting.
• A strong track record of institutional fundraising (government, corporate and foundation) in Europe and/or US in subject areas related to sustainable agriculture, climate change, international development, biodiversity, poverty alleviation or related subjects.
• Working knowledge of various government funding agencies, the private sector, private foundations, NGOs and other organisations operating in the sustainability space.
• Proficiency in proposal and report writing.
• Excellent English written and verbal communications skills. Additional fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, is desirable.
• The ability to work effectively with a remote team in different time zones.
Location: The SAN Secretariat is based in San Jose, Costa Rica. The Partnership Development Manager will work mainly from home/office ideally in the UK – other locations in Western Europe or US could be considered, with eligibility to work in that country. The role will require travel, about 40% of the time, mostly within Europe with occasional travel to Costa Rica and North America.
Application Instructions: Please download and read through the full job specification here: http://bit.ly/2YgPECQ
The closing date for applications: Sunday 25 August 2019.