Climate Corps is a 10-month Fellowship program that offers emerging climate protection leaders with unparalleled professional development and training as they drive cutting edge environmental solutions within leading climate organizations across California.
TO APPLY OR LEARN MORE... VISIT OUR WEBSITE: http://www.climate-corps.org
Climate Corps Fellows benefit from working alongside progressive nonprofits, local governments and businesses on climate resiliency programs and campaigns. Fellows' projects focus on: resource efficiency, solar/renewable energy, waste diversion, alternative transportation, sustainability education and/or outreach.
CLIMATE CORPS FELLOWS
• Receive valuable experience leading climate resiliency (mitigation and adaptation) projects that have measureable outcomes and benefits.
• Build critical connections and networks with climate protection leaders.
• Learn from being part of a regional cohort of Fellows dedicated to implementing innovative approaches to our collective climate challenge.
• Participate in a comprehensive training and development program that culminates in a professional certificate issued by an accredited college program partner.
For the 2017-18 cycle, Climate Corps public and private sector partners offer a wide variety of fellowship placements including:
• City of Oakland
• Alameda County
• UC Office of the President
• Capitol Corridor
• The Watershed Project
• SF Unified School District
• UCSF (3 positions available)
• San Francisco International Airport
• Skyline College
• Silicon Clean Energy
• Association for Energy Affordability
• GHHI Marin
For a full list of placements... visit: http://www.climate-corps.org
This is a full-time, 10-month fellowship program. Additional requirements may depend on the specific position placement sought. Climate Corps Fellow positions require a degree from a 4-year institution. Energize Colleges Fellow positions require an Associate's degree. We are looking for recent college graduates with:
• An educational background in environmental policy, science, engineering, sustainable management or planning degrees (volunteer and internship experience will be considered).
• An understanding of clean energy and environmental policy.
• Community outreach and communications experience.
• A connection to the placement location. This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the region being served.
• Living allowance stipend of $1,750 per month (before taxes). Select positions may offer an enhanced stipend.
• Option for enrollment in company sponsored health plan.
• Assistance with student loan deferments.
• Extensive professional development and skill building. Upon program completion, Fellows are awarded a Climate Change Protection Professional certificate by Skyline College.
• A modest financial award upon program completion.
To become a Fellow please submit an online application and resume. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all placements are filled. NOTE: We are adding new fellowship descriptions on a weekly basis!
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews for the 2017-18 Program Year will begin in May 2017. Fellows need to be available and eligible to start by the last week of August 2017, however, fellows may start as early as July 1st.
TO APPLY OR LEARN MORE... VISIT: http://www.climate-corps.org
Keywords: solar energy, renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainability policy and programs, alternative transportation planning, waste reduction, environmental education and community outreach, climate change resiliency
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz