At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
Plenty is seeking several Operations Associates who will assist in the processing and packaging of produce in a food safe environment. Your skills and training will be applied to post harvest processing and packaging in a modern, fast paced, high-technology hydroponic farm.
You will be involved with our efforts aimed at optimizing all aspects of locally grown and packaged commercial produce using hydroponic indoor farming. Your role will include routine activities across a variety of stations including plant processing, packaging equipment operations, case packing, customer fulfillment and collection and analysis of environmental and production data.
What You'll Do:
- This will be a hands-on role where you will work in a post-harvest packaging and cold storage room to cool, sort, weigh, package and fulfill customer orders
- Perform routine end of shift daily cleaning of the post-harvest equipment and work area
- Assist in a broad range of post-harvest operations activities including but not limited to yield monitoring, data collection, inspecting for proper climate operations etc.
- Lead with proper use of personal protection equipment, workforce safety and food safety practices
What We're Looking For:
- Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Food service or packaging operations background preferred
- Ability to practice safe work habits at all times
- Ability to effectively document product fills, packaged units, pounds processed with accuracy
- Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
- Strives to understand the details. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills
- Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and third-party carriers
- Humble, teachable, team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
- Can work in group or alone; oriented towards teamwork and the goals of the farm
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and work in refrigerated work environment with cold gear
Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring fresh, local produce to communities everywhere in a way that’s better for the environment by using 1% of the water, 1% of the land, and none of the synthetic pesticides or fertilizers of conventional agriculture. Our local field-scale indoor farms are creating a healthier, more delicious and sustainable future.