Overview of the Position:
The Alliance Center (www.thealliancecenter.org) brings people together to create a sustainable future. We do this by:
• Facilitating collaborative working at The Alliance Center among our 50+ sustainability-focused tenant organizations,
• Bringing people together and building a diverse community through our numerous events and partnerships, and
• Modeling sustainability in all we do, most visibly via our LEED Platinum facility
The Office Coordinator is responsible for an individual’s first impression of The Alliance Center and for representing The Alliance Center’s unique culture of connection, inclusivity, caring and impact. You are the face of our community and are responsible for leaving visitors with a positive experience by assisting with way-finding and informing them of The Alliance Center’s mission and purpose. This position also provides key backend administrative support, primarily to our tenant, accounting and development areas, that increases operational efficiencies and thereby greater organizational impact.
Building Community Responsibilities
• Owns the visitor experience by staffing The Alliance Center’s information desk. Provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all building visitors feel welcome and can get where they need to go quickly in accordance with The Alliance Center’s visitor policy.
• Engages individual community members in a manner that represents and establishes The Alliance Center’s diverse and inclusive culture by expressing interest in an individual’s well-being and professional successes.
• Supports tenant community by managing package delivery notifications, answering day-to-day questions and directing them to appropriate resources.
• Processes building mail, answers main phone line and responds to general email inquiries.
• Supports Director of Tenant Services with tenant changes by preparing key cards, updating shared services (printers, calendars) and other duties as required
• Fills in and supports building team in addressing timely customer needs such as event support, printer problems, meeting room conflicts and technology issues.
Accounting Support Responsibilities
• Collects payments and prepares weekly bank deposits
• Codes and enters Accounts Payable invoices
• Assists with Customer invoicing and collections
• Reviews and reports Payables and Receivable balances weekly
• Reconciles monthly expense reports to corporate credit card statements
• Performs account reconciliations
• Gathers and maintains vendor information and assists with preparation of 1099s.
• Assists Financial Controller as needed with research, reporting, etc
General Office Responsibilities
• Database support including data entry as well as metric tracking and report generation
• Maintains an organized electronic library of contracts, agreements and other important organizational records.
• Provides overall organizational administrative support such managing office supply levels, handling meeting logistics, birthday & thank you cards, deadline support and other duties as assigned.
• Enjoys connecting with people and providing exceptional customer service. Excellent people skills including the ability to easily build rapport with others and be a team player.
• Passionate about sustainability issues. You are someone who wants to have a positive impact on the world and takes the time to understand the issues our modern society is facing. Keeping up to date on sustainability trends and being able to engage our community excites you.
• Bookkeeping experience including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations
• Database experience, particularly using Salesforce CRM, preferred.
• Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You are calm under pressure and a problem solver. You are able to professionally handle frequent interruptions while also managing your other responsibilities.
CLASSIFICATION, COMPENSATION, SCHEDULE & BENEFITS
This is a full-time hourly, non-exempt position. The hourly pay is $17.50 - $20.00 per hour. The position is scheduled for 40 hours per week between 8:30am to 5:00pm, five days per week within the conventional workweek, with generous paid holidays and paid time off. Group medical and dental insurance is provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email to the email below with your cover letter and resume by the start of business on February 5, 2018 to be considered for this job. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.