Greener Fields Together is a sustainability program for the entire produce value chain. It was created and is administered by PRO*ACT and its national network of independently-owned local purveyors. As a formalized, stand-alone program, Greener Fields Together engages and involves farmers, distributors, foodservice operators and retail locations in efforts to work toward safer, sustainable produce from seed to fork.
The Regional Sustainability Coordinator assists in the implementation of the Greener Fields Together (GFT) program. The Coordinator is responsible for championing, guiding and implementing sustainability activities at regional distributor facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner and collaborate with supply chain partners in leading and facilitating program implementation
- Provide leadership on how to incorporate GFT into day-to-day activities
- Work with distributors to ensure that identified needs are addressed with appropriate action plans and that progress is monitored
- Drive change in education and awareness of sustainability efforts
- Monitor and evaluate program and processes for effectiveness; makes recommendations on improvements
- Work with key GFT partners with the aim of expanding and coordinating activities that help raise awareness of GFT and grow brand awareness in the Southeast
- Identify and participate in key conference and networking opportunities
- Represent the company and program in identified region
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor within a flexible work environment.
- Must be able to travel domestically; travel expectations: up to 50%
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in the agriculture, food safety or sustainability.
- Working knowledge of agriculture, supply chain, food safety, and/or sustainability preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Windows, and Excel.
- Experience in project management.