Do you want to use your excellent communication and organizational skills for social good? Are you organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities? Do you like engaging with people and have a passion for the work that you do? Then you could be GreenBiz Group’s next marketing coordinator.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Executing on event marketing partner contracts — including providing marketing materials to partners (sample tweets, newsletter copy, HTML email templates) and tracking partner deliverables
- Serving as primary customer service representative — responding to emails and phone calls, answering questions about GreenBiz products and services and assisting attendees with online event registration process
- Managing LinkedIn group operations — writing weekly newsletter, approving membership requests and monitoring group posts
- Drafting social media posts — Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Maintaining marketing materials in Google Drive — adding new materials to proper folders and assuring materials are always current, accurate and appropriate
- Drafting marketing copy, curating images and creating/updating pages on event website CMS
- Supporting contact database hygiene maintenance
- Developing and sending mailings via marketing automation system, Marketo
- Assisting with post-event wrap-up tasks — transcribing video testimonials, uploading event photography, creating wrap-up packets for sponsors
- Assisting with creating case studies for the sales team
- Assisting with arranging on-site events for attendees
- Other marketing responsibilities as necessary
- BA or equivalent degree
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence in managing and prioritizing multiple simultaneous deadlines, accommodating shifting priorities and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills — email, phone and in-person
- Ability to work independently, at times with minimal guidance, demonstrating initiative, accountability and ownership of assigned tasks
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grammatical, proofreading and editing abilities
- Flexibility in a constantly evolving environment
- Collaborative, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Quick-thinking, learning and problem-solving capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, including Excel, and strong computer skills overall
- Travel to GreenBiz conferences (3-6 per year)
Preferred but not required:
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with marketing automation platforms, CRM tools, Adobe Creative Suite, and content management system strongly preferred
The GreenBiz Group team is collaborative, fun, hardworking and passionate about what we do. We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full health and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Holiday pay
- Paid vacation days (accrual begins after six months of employment) and paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year — one individual, one company
GreenBiz Group is a media and events company that views climate change and other global environmental challenges as existential threats to business and society, as well as significant opportunities. We help our audiences understand both, including how to navigate the emerging technologies, business practices, policies and societal expectations that companies, cities and others need to know to succeed. We achieve this through media, events, research and a membership network of corporate sustainability professionals.
Our open floor plan office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit transportation lines, Frank Ogawa Plaza and fantastic restaurant options.
This position is currently open, and we are looking to fill as soon as possible. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis, until the position is filled. Please email a cover letter and resume to the email address noted above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.