Marketing & Communications Director
Posted Dec 04
McDonough Innovation provides high-level counsel for enterprises interested in innovation and continuous improvement. Through McDonough Innovation, William McDonough provides targeted ideas, product concepts and solutions to a wide range of sustainable growth issues faced by corporate officers, senior executives, product designers and project managers. Our values-driven approach helps companies embed sustainable growth principles into their corporate culture and to advance progress toward their positive vision. Our services include strategic product development, business consulting and program development, as well as assistance in branding, education and communications.
Develops and implements communications and marketing programs for William McDonough’s three Charlottesville-based organizations:
McDonough Innovation (high-level advising, speaking engagements, storytelling)
William McDonough + Partners (architecture and community design)
MBDC (product assessment for Cradle to Cradle certification)
- Leads the overall marketing, messaging and communications
- Develops the media strategy and makes recommendations for publication, interview, press opportunities.
- Works closely with, manages and sets priorities for internal communications team
- Engages with William McDonough on storytelling and development of presentation content
- Manages media campaigns and event planning
- Leads the development of all marketing collateral including marketing booklets, brochures, and case studies, responses to architectural Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), newsletters and mass email campaigns, website development and content management
- Manages award submissions and deadlines
- Creates marketing campaigns for new announcements
- Directs social media plans, strategies and campaigns
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism or English
- Five or more years of progressively responsible professional experience in marketing, advertising or public relations setting.
- Experience in Architecture or Engineering studio environment preferred.
- Knowledge of sustainability preferred.
- The incumbent should be experienced and/or skilled in creative thinking, idea conception, problem-solving, feature writing, copywriting, technical writing, proofing, advertising, client relations, web design, news media, marketing, branding, public relations, vendor calibration, and project management
- Demonstrated ability to write in a variety of formats, including news media, magazines, brochures, internal communications and newsletters.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive communication plans.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, excellent PowerPoint skills
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency in WordPress and web design skills