As part of the Communications and Marketing team based in the Rainforest Alliance headquarters in New York City, the Marketing Associate will provide support to the Director, Marketing and Company Engagement as well as develop and execute his/her own project work involving marketing and communications of the Rainforest Alliance “brand” and business relationships with key companies. She/he will support the coordination of campaigns and outreach efforts to and with collaborating businesses, and will help develop and coordinate the Rainforest Alliance communications and marketing campaigns. She/he will help to produce marketing tools and materials and will lead on projects such as B2B social media outreach in North America and maintenance of relevant and current website content. She/he will work closely with marketing/comms staff and consultants around the world to ensure coordination of strategies and tactics.
- Working with the Marketing Director, help develop and execute Rainforest Alliance awareness raising campaigns targeted at “aspirational” and “advocate” consumers via digital and off line outreach;
- Working with the Marketing Director, help to develop marketing/comms strategic campaigns and execute the campaigns in the North American market;
- Work with the Marketing Director, Director of External Communications and other internal teams to provide marketing and communications support and develop joint communications outreach with Rainforest Alliance collaborating companies;
- Provide advice and input to the CTT team around messaging and promotional materials developed by collaborating companies in North America to ensure accuracy and effectiveness;
- Working with the Communications and Marketing Team globally, help to develop the Rainforest Alliance one-to-many marketing efforts and implement in the North America market;
- Provide timely and relevant updates to the Markets Transformation team around communications and marketing contact and activities, as part of the Rainforest Alliance business relationship management structure;
- Provide insights, case studies and external examples of best practice in relation to marketing developments and content marketing approaches that provide business benefits to collaborating businesses and enhance the Rainforest Alliance understanding of and expertise in the area of marketing support;
- Oversee and develop social media for B2B communications in North America; identify and monitor target audiences, monitor return on investment. Coordinate with global colleagues for strategy and synergy.
- Serve as part of the global Rainforest Alliance marketing team, helping to design and build global marketing support structures, campaigns and outreach; and
- Other duties as assigned.
This position may oversee staff, including interns and consultants, and will oversee projects involving work by colleagues. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing/communications (or related) experience, including agency or marketing/comms department of a company or organization working with companies;
- Familiarity with social and environmental sustainability and corporate responsibility issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and research skills with attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, project management software, etc.);
- Working knowledge of social media;
- Proven project and client management skills and the ability to run and manage own projects with minimum supervision;
- Self-motivated, able to juggle responsibilities and work independently;
- Dependable and diplomatic, able to work cross culturally and with diverse global partners;
- Creative, resourceful and solution-oriented;
- Proficiency in Spanish or other language(s) not required, but a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15595811
. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.