At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As a Manager/Sr. Manager, Sustainability Integration, in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this role you will help build awareness and understand of AstraZeneca’s sustainability strategy, “Securing our Future”, among employees and with key external audiences. You will drive the development, delivery and evaluation of an integrated sustainability strategy. You will be responsible for:
-Developing strategy and plan in embedding sustainability to each function
-Coordination and process development with each function
-i.e. IT systems for gathering sustainability data, HR training modules
-Research and analysis for investor/stakeholder meeting materials
-Resource for key analysis and information on sustainability research
-Responsible for delivering the training materials to functional teams
You will be the primary contact for VP of Global Sustainability. Your main role will be to further embed sustainability into the processes and functional departments at AZ. To support this you have a wide breadth of sustainability knowledge and experience in the Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) aspects of sustainability ranging from human rights, supply-chain, environment, stakeholder engagement and have previously implemented processes at large organizations in aspects such as IT systems for gathering sustainability data, HR training modules.
You will also play a key role in developing materials for employee education and engagement on sustainability and perform sustainability research and analysis. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of timely, relevant, consistent, activities that achieve tangible outcomes for the business.
• Lead development, delivery and execution of key employee engagement and education activities in line with the AstraZeneca Sustainability Strategy
• Develops the sustainability education training materials in line with company strategies and priorities.
• Lead the planning, and delivery of investors and shareholders inquires on AZ sustainability initiatives and working closely with internal cross- functional teams and investor relations in coordination with communication.
• Lead in research and analysis of investor and shareholders groups meeting materials.
• Develops and recommends training strategy and plan to embed sustainability to each AZ functions including site roll out.
• Drives the process of embedding sustainability within business processes through working with leaders across the organization to identify opportunities for sustainability innovation and execution of plan to action these activities
• Collaborate with communication team to ensure alignment of sustainability education communications activities across AZ to maximize effectiveness and reach – drive innovation and transferring of good practice.
• Degree-level or equivalent qualification in a subject related to Sustainability; master degree with sustainability focus preferred
• Significant ( 5-7 years +) experience of working in a sustainability team for a large corporation or as a sustainability consultant to large corporations
• Extensive experience of developing and deploying internal organization sustainability processes across environment, social and governance issues
• Track record of developing and delivering key analysis of reports (DJSI, CDP) to achieve tangible outcomes.
• Knowledge of social and environmental issues and NGO landscape
• Strong project management skills
• Significant experience of managing different stakeholder relationships and confident at forging trusted relationships at a senior level.
• Experience of working in a highly regulated sector.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, backed by clear understanding and interpretation of data driven reports.
• Sound judgment combined with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Excellent eye for detail, including visual and verbal brand identity.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities, stakeholder & colleague expectations and deliver consistently high quality outputs.
• Inquisitive mind set with well-developed critical/analytical abilities.
• Strategic thinker looking outside to bring new approaches to continually reinvigorate outputs and improve the effectiveness of approaches.
• High level of integrity, able to handle highly confidential information.
• Ability to instil confidence in others in a high-pressure situation.
• Proactive with high levels of self-motivation and personal accountability, bringing enthusiasm and energy to team, peer group and tasks.
• Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
• Resilient with a flexible approach.
• Able to develop and maintain networks across business and cultural boundaries.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz