Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Manager Lead Generation for Nelnet Renewable Energy will support and sell Community Solar solutions. Our Community Solar segment is a rapidly growing area within a well-capitalized publicly traded Company. You will work collaboratively with management, sales, product development, finance, and marketing, to provide qualified sales leads for a rapidly evolving marketplace. This role is responsible for providing a pipeline of new business opportunities through call campaigns, data mining various sources and websites for renewable energy sales, and assistance in conducting online and on-site meetings with prospective and existing clients. Nelnet Renewable Energy Services has four business segments: Tax Equity Investments, Tax Equity Syndication, Community Solar, and Higher Ed Development.
1. Serve as an expert in renewable energy products to articulate our value proposition to prospective customers
2. Prospect and generate qualified leads
3. Schedule meetings with qualified leads for our external sales team
4. Develop lead generation strategies collaboratively with leadership, sales, and marketing teams
5. Understand and clearly articulate the prospective client’s existing process and needs
6. Achieve annual revenue goals as defined by the CRO
7. Create, maintain, and enhance high-level relationships within the Solar Community
8. Collaboratively create proposals for targeted prospects or existing customers
9. Provide expertise and advice to potential prospects and current customers regarding Community Solar product and service offerings
10. Use Salesforce CRM to maintain records of contacts, accounts, leads, opportunities, updating, and report generation
11. Forecast and prepare sales plan to achieve sales goals
12. Assist with special projects as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, sustainability, marketing, sales or a related field or a combination of education and related experience
1. 2+ years of proven inside sales experience generating leads; experience in the renewable energy industry a plus
2. Proven track record of high performance and achieving goals
3. Experience presenting via the web and in-person to both small and large groups
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Ability to assist in deliverables scoping and business process discovery to ensure the solutions sold are the ideal solutions
2. Skill to understand the prospective client's environment
3. Articulate with the ability to establish rapport quickly with qualified leads
4. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills while displaying a high energy level and positive attitude.
5. Ability to respond quickly to customer and prospect needs
6. Excellent time management skills
7. Ability to Identify and develop strategies to overcome obstacles in the prospect’s decision-making process
8. Ability to build a strong pipeline with new and existing customers
9. Self-driven with excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to take direction well
10. Advanced computer skills in the use of sales presentations - proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, and Salesforce
11. Strong work ethic, values, and integrity
** Colorado Residents Only: Salary range $60,000- $70,000. All other locations, salary ranges are commiserate with geographic location and experience.**
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.