World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Manager, Forest Sector Transformation. The Manager is part of the WWF-US Forests team, whose vision is to conserve the world's forests to sustain nature's diversity, benefit our climate, and support human well-being. The Manager's major function is to advance WWF's platforms for engaging US companies on responsible forest product sourcing, avoiding deforestation and forest degradation, and enhancing forest health. S/he focuses primarily on pulp, paper and paper-based packaging sectors, promoting leadership practices around sourcing, production, transparency and forest protection. The Manager represents WWF-US on selected initiatives focused on responsible forestry and plantation management.
1. Advance WWF-US platforms for engaging US companies, particularly the pulp, paper and paper-based packaging sectors, on responsible sourcing and other actions to benefit global forests.
2. Manage one-on-one company relationships with companies through WWF's Global Forest & Trade Network and other WWF initiatives focused on reducing deforestation and forest degradation, and improving forest health and extent. Provide technical support on sourcing policies, supply chain risk assessment, supplier engagement, target-setting, and reporting.
3. Lead or participate on cross-cutting teams focused on innovation, thought leadership, and scaling up priority initiatives, toward achieving WWF-US Forest goals.
4. Serve as WWF-US liaison and technical resource for WWF Forests goal team, other WWF-US teams, and other WWF network offices on pulp & paper sector issues and trends related to sourcing, clean production, and efficiency. Develop and foster innovative approaches for leveraging corporate commitments to advancing WWF forest goals.
5. Represent WWF-US at meetings, external workshops, conferences and working groups.
6. Other duties as assigned, including fundraising, proposal development, and strategic planning.
• A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in a relevant field such as forestry, forest products trade, natural resources management, supply chain, business, sustainability, or the pulp, paper or paper-based packaging sector. A Master's degree is preferred.
• Must have at least 6 years' relevant work experience that includes implementing or engaging with the private sector on improved sustainability practices.
• Must have thorough knowledge of issues and trends in global forestry and plantation management, forest products trade, and forest certification. Knowledge of the pulp, paper & paper-based packaging sectors preferred.
• Entrepreneurial approach to identifying strategic opportunities, developing successful programs, and delivering results
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within high performing teams
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to distill complex technical concepts for diverse audiences
• Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills
• Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
• Experience working overseas and across geographical and cultural boundaries desirable
• Knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese or Bahasa Indonesia language desirable
• Must be willing to do domestic and international travel
• Application Deadline is Sunday, September 24th
• Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #18008
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2bkcstxrhsk454bf
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz