This position is open Globally to all locations in which we are registered.
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Environmental Market Innovations Manager (and Integrated Landscape Management) is responsible for identifying priority needs for additional market investments that build on existing certification commitments. The individual will be responsible for developing a set of service offerings as value propositions (e.g. concept notes or project proposals) to facilitate corporate investment in priority environmental themes, RA landscapes and sourcing origins. In addition to value proposition design, the individual will work across RA departments to design and manage a portfolio of projects that focus on aligned RA and client priorities to fulfil client commitments and reporting requirements.
- Identification of market opportunities and priorities based on the market intelligence provided by sector leads, core market leads, account managers and analysis of corporate sustainability trends and relevant global commitments that Rainforest Alliance must address;
- Working with other relevant departments such as D-MERL, Themes and Innovation to understand the organizational vision on advancing impact in priority themes and origins;
- Developing a set of service offerings as value propositions (e.g. concept notes or project proposals) to facilitate accelerated impact through corporate investments in origin for identified thematic priorities;
- Supporting company relationship leads in client pitches and business development;
- Designing and managing a portfolio of projects that align with the client relationship management team on key deliverables;
- Working with Market Excellence to incorporate opportunities for results-based claims;
- Documenting lessons learned on solution design and delivery and implications for scaling these offerings further; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural, Food Sciences or Environmental Sciences or equivalent in relevant field;
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, demonstrated experience in cross-functional teams and the ability to define and make tangible a strategic vision;
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to extract key insights from market reports;
- Strong project design and management experience in environmental sustainability programming (corporate or NGO) in our sectors of operation;
- Experience in international commodity supply chains, such as tea, coffee, cocoa, palm oil, fruits and forest products an advantage; and
- Ability to travel up to 20% per year, including internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: May 20, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the countries in which we are registered will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.